Thread: How can I get avatars from CG?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reducing the image size isn't difficult but allowing a larger pixel size would allow myself an others to use the link feature to change avatars.
    This was especially a pain when I was trying to figure out what was causing the issue with uploading an avatar.
    I'm pretty sure the 80x80 is not a limitation of vB as older versions like v3 support larger avatars than 80x80.
    From a web search it does not seem to have a size limitation.
    Last edited by silk186; 06-01-2017 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silk186 View Post
    Reducing the image size isn't difficult but allowing a larger pixel size would allow myself an others to use the link feature to change avatars.
    This was especially a pain when I was trying to figure out what was causing the issue with uploading an avatar.
    I'm pretty sure the 80x80 is not a limitation of vB as older versions like v3 support larger avatars than 80x80.
    From a web search it does not seem to have a size limitation.
    The limitation is not set by forums version but settings in admin options. in this forum its as follows:
    "The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 100.0 KB (whichever is smaller)."

Avatar is just an avatar, It helps recognize people before reading they nickname. I like when it is small. On some forums admins allow it to be large, but its take so much space on the threads... NO.