Thread: The Ganador thread - really digging down on details

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    That's really impressive but, what fool am I to think you'll deliver less than awesome ?
    Oh stop it you, now you're just trying to make me blush *flutters eyelashes*

Seriously though, thanks for saying that! I'm still slaving away at this piece though: drawing sailing vessels, while great fun, is incredibly slow work! While adding a house (well the roof of a house) takes mere seconds, drawing, colouring and shading a ship of the same size easily takes an hour, often more if you want to get all the shadows right. And boy are there a lot of shadows. But really, it's a fun process, and I'm experimenting with several tricks to minimize the work little by little. I only just discovered you can use the "Symmetry options" function in Photoshop to draw one half of a ship, and Photoshop automatically (and immediately!) draws the other half as you go along. This basically doubles my drawing speed, so that's awesome.

Okay! This update doesn't seem to differ much from the previous one, but I can tell you there's like 5 hours of work between the two!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ganador - Sahwyn Island (18).jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	7.47 MB 
ID:	119379

Bonus points for the first one to point out a ship with a bit of a problem!
    Last edited by Caenwyr; 12-20-2019 at 01:58 AM.
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!