Thread: Dungeon Tiles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Just a couple observations from my experience;
    - On the DMsG, I'm not a fan of PWYW. IMO it devalues your product (people download stuff just because they can get it free, even if they never open it). Charge at least a dollar, or more likely several.
    - If you want them usable on VTT's, most currently suggest 10 pixels/foot (50 px/square), but I expect changes in the next year or two will push this recommendation to 20 px/ft in the next year. JPG is preferred unless you are using transparency (for doors or traps overlays). JPG quality can be anywhere between 40-70%.
    Hi Mate, the further I think about what I'm offering see the above posts re number of possible combinations, it's insane, the more I'm valuing it. PWYW won't be an option. As for the jpegs I'm working at 20px per foot at the moment. If someone wants to use them where that is not the correct size they'll have to scale it, Roll20 is 14px per foot I think for their standard grid.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
    Hi Mate, the further I think about what I'm offering see the above posts re number of possible combinations, it's insane, the more I'm valuing it. PWYW won't be an option. As for the jpegs I'm working at 20px per foot at the moment. If someone wants to use them where that is not the correct size they'll have to scale it, Roll20 is 14px per foot I think for their standard grid.
    I believe most of the VTT's allow you to size the grid to what you want. 10/20 is just the recommendation. I'm pretty sure Roll20 allows that too, but I'm not sure as I use FG (which allows you to set it to whatever value you want.

What you are coming up with is definitely valuable. You might even reach out to some of the VTT's to see about getting into their store or future products. I know Map Forge had a successful Kickstarter and they are a tile based mapper and just might be perfect outlet for you.

Thanks LordEntrails, I'll bear that in mind. Once I get further down the track with it, read that as get the tiles drawn, I'll see where I'm at and take it from there. I've quite a bit of work to do to create a saleable product yet.

Finished Maps

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected NathanC's Avatar

I would suggest reaching out to the guys at d20pro they one of the three big vtt guys out there and they are alway looking for content.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanC View Post
    I would suggest reaching out to the guys at d20pro they one of the three big vtt guys out there and they are alway looking for content.
    Thanks, Nathan. I'll be sure to check them out when I'm done.

Finished Maps