Thread: Ocean DEPTH Tut :D

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yep, that looks pretty much exactly like how mine would look taken apart too. It's a simple addition but adds a lot of depth, something I think is worth remembering to add to a map with any painted aesthetic. Nice breakdown. It's not new to me but I think you conveyed the steps in a way that makes sense to someone who doesn't know how to do it yet and really it makes sense to apply these steps for most photo editing type programs (not a vector one though).

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FerryK View Post
    Thank you for this.

Something I always forget to add in my maps !
    Hehe, pleasure. I'm glad you found use for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Yep, that looks pretty much exactly like how mine would look taken apart too. It's a simple addition but adds a lot of depth, something I think is worth remembering to add to a map with any painted aesthetic. Nice breakdown. It's not new to me but I think you conveyed the steps in a way that makes sense to someone who doesn't know how to do it yet and really it makes sense to apply these steps for most photo editing type programs (not a vector one though).
    Thanks It is something that changed the way I approach map making, so I wanted to try and explain the process.

Just thinking about doing a map in a vector base program and adding such dynamic shading gives me headache. Hehe, I do prefer my Gimp.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19