Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alaria (commission)

Default Alaria (commission)

I made this one couple month ago for a fantasy book writer Shannon Pemrick.

I was really enjoying making it. Now when i look at it again, I have a feeling I want to make some more B&Wish maps

Btw. if you are a bookworm, check out Shannon page

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alaria_CG.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	116642
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Your linework is as nice as always, and I like the muted sepia tone. Beautiful! The outer glow/stroke around the labels is a little too pronounced for my taste, though.
    I also really enjoy the way you did the typography on the title! I hope the client has the good sense to use that as a logo!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

I'm not really into romance books but I certainly respect the decision to have a legitimate map made for them. Your map alone interests me into looking which is excellent considering how many times I see cover art and maps that are really bleh. I like how the compass rose is practically screaming at the world too, that's a nice touch. While it don't have to have good art to enjoy a book it's nice to see a writer who hasn't treated the presentation as an after thought. Good job.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Your linework is always such a nice delicate beauty, especially when paired with parchment. I really like those soft, cotton-like clouds and ambling forests. Another wonderful piece my friend.

Hmm, appears I still can't rep you yet... I'll have to return to this piece.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Great map! I wonder how it would look with colors .

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Your linework is as nice as always, and I like the muted sepia tone. Beautiful! The outer glow/stroke around the labels is a little too pronounced for my taste, though.
    I also really enjoy the way you did the typography on the title! I hope the client has the good sense to use that as a logo!
    Thank you very much Kell. I agree with the glow. When i look at it now it seems too big and bright at some places.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    I'm not really into romance books but I certainly respect the decision to have a legitimate map made for them. Your map alone interests me into looking which is excellent considering how many times I see cover art and maps that are really bleh. I like how the compass rose is practically screaming at the world too, that's a nice touch. While it don't have to have good art to enjoy a book it's nice to see a writer who hasn't treated the presentation as an after thought. Good job.
    Thank you Jaxilon. I also appreciate a good map in a book. If you decide to put one in a book, make it nice .

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Your linework is always such a nice delicate beauty, especially when paired with parchment. I really like those soft, cotton-like clouds and ambling forests. Another wonderful piece my friend.

Hmm, appears I still can't rep you yet... I'll have to return to this piece.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thank you again Tad

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great map! I wonder how it would look with colors .
    Probably similar to my other coloured maps haha, Thanks!
    New Horizons

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons

Support:

The lineart is wonderful, the parchment, just the right amount of torn (take it from someone who always takes it too far and knows it) and am I hallucinating or is the land of a slight lighter hue ? If so that's a decision I fully endorse Great map Rafal !

This is such a fun man Voolf. I image the Starglade to be quite an interesting place, the areas on the map are really interesting and I really like the treatment of the forests how they hug the coastline.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    The lineart is wonderful, the parchment, just the right amount of torn (take it from someone who always takes it too far and knows it) and am I hallucinating or is the land of a slight lighter hue ? If so that's a decision I fully endorse Great map Rafal !
    Thank you Thomas and yes, it is , but because of the parchments different satuturation at different places I made the land lighter just in some places to "break it" more from the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomb View Post
    This is such a fun man Voolf. I image the Starglade to be quite an interesting place, the areas on the map are really interesting and I really like the treatment of the forests how they hug the coastline.
    Thank you very much Pomb
    New Horizons

Support:

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Huge map !! With so many details !!
    And special congratulations for the compass !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast