Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hannibal's March

Map Hannibal's March

This may not be one of my best, losing interest, so I'm calling it finished at least for now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HannibalsMarch9.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	87901

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected zhar2's Avatar

In all honestly its absolutely great, love the colour scheme and it inspired me to read more on Hannibal.

zhar2 is right. This is a fantastic map, Snodsy. The information and the pleasing colours make it one to pour over

It's a fantastic piece with so much to like. The texturing and the icons are my favourite parts. You've also managed to include a large amount of information without it feeling overwhelming, and that's not always easy to do.

Still kinda wish you'd textured the sea a little, though I love the shade of blue you used and it works really well with the other colours.

However, as someone who loves elephants... that first little inset.... NOOOOO!

Will rep if I can.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thanks for the reps guys and the positive response. ChickPea agree with you 100% about the first icon, first off the elephant is way too big, and a little silly falling like that, If I do go back to this, that will be the first think I fix. The bottom icon could use more soldiers in the battle while the elephants are crossing. So some variation in the sea as well, ok. Probably a few more rivers tributaries as well, oh so much you could just keep adding . I'll give it a few weeks to settle in and maybe do these final touches. Thanks again. Not sure what's next? Suggestions welcome!

The silk road? (Medieval times)

EDIT: Oops - you've already done that! Sorry - my bad!
    Last edited by Mouse; 09-25-2016 at 12:22 PM.

Looks great! I think there are still some typo's, though english is not my mother language, so forgive me if I'm wrong! In the text for the river crossing you've written 'plan site'. Shouldn't that be 'plain sight'? I think I came across another, but I'm not sure. The only thing I'm not really fond of is the way you did the coastal waves/lines. They seem to digital I guess.

Otherwise it's looking great! Can't wait to see what you do next, perhaps the Republic of Venice at its height?

-Dan

WOW! Yesterday I did a sketch of a Venice like city , Here it is, real early idea. On Thursday at work, I looked up Venice on Google Maps and found the place my family stayed a few years back.

Thanks for the typo and rep, spelling not my best suit.

Name:	Canals.jpeg 
Views:	50 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	87908

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Looks great! I think there are still some typo's, though english is not my mother language, so forgive me if I'm wrong! In the text for the river crossing you've written 'plan site'. Shouldn't that be 'plain sight'? I think I came across another, but I'm not sure. The only thing I'm not really fond of is the way you did the coastal waves/lines. They seem to digital I guess.

Otherwise it's looking great! Can't wait to see what you do next, perhaps the Republic of Venice at its height?

-Dan

Guild Expert

Really nice, I love the colours. I just have one little gripe, and it's easily overlooked, but on the right hand side, near the middle, there's a few trees, and yellow dots that fall just outside the border, other then that I think this is a really great map.

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    WOW! Yesterday I did a sketch of a Venice like city , Here it is, real early idea. On Thursday at work, I looked up Venice on Google Maps and found the place my family stayed a few years back.

Thanks for the typo and rep, spelling not my best suit.

Name:	Canals.jpeg 
Views:	50 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	87908
    That's great, I'd love to see that!

-Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast