Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
Anyway, I was thinking about you pondering about some colours and started considering what could work on this map and got to experimenting.
So, if you are interested, here is my experiment:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	An Experiment.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	116011
I started out with colours closer to what you have, and tried to see what colours would compliment each other around the coast and in the image is what I came out with.
It was simple, the land layer was top in this case and the shallows layer below it and the ocean depth layer below that. And I used a cloudy brush with low opacity with each colour.

Hope this helps. Good luck with the rest.
Wow, XCali, now that's a good feedback! Thanks a lot! <3
I understand what you mean, but I think that the style I'm trying to do is more technical/contemporary, so I'm trying to not put too much realistic details, otherwise I think I'd have to pay way more attention to hills, mountains and swamps, so they would match, if you know what I mean. Even the ocean waters, I didn't initially plan any texture there, so it would be a very plain light blue... I think what I'm aiming at is something that resembles the original Faerûn map, with a pinch of National Geographic, haha.

Anyway, the ocean is really better with texture. And yep, it looks too patchy... I used the Difference Clouds filter to try it out, but I'm going to fix that by actually drawing the ocean bed.

Again, thanks a lot!