Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Safrân

Default Safrân

I know, I know, I'm starting a lot of threads and don't really pursue them, lately... But I'm sure of what I want with this one, since it's supposed to be the same style (same world) than my Batikshal Empire map.

It's a direct neighbour of the Empire.
    Safrân.jpg

The various elements are not really placed yet (except for the Calydon in the top left, where the title will be).
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 11-15-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Very nice start!
    And it has an octopus!

And the shiny beasts are back !

Guild Expert

I love this sketchy style that you do, the border is fantastic and the shape of the coast is great. I wish I could come up with stuff like this, you're such an inspiration.

By Fol2Dol
    Very nice start!
    And it has an octopus!
    By ThomasR
    And the shiny beasts are back !
    Thank you guys!

By Kacey
    I love this sketchy style that you do, the border is fantastic and the shape of the coast is great. I wish I could come up with stuff like this, you're such an inspiration.
    Thanks for the praise & rep, Kacey! Clearly, people quite like this style indeed (my Batikshal Empire map has been a success in the Paris Fantastic Convention, and I'm working on a big world comission in this style).
    And I'm pretty sure you can do something similar with your own way. You already have done such wonderful maps!

A bit more. I've began the details of the mountains and worked a bit more the frame & the sea/coasts.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Safrân.jpg
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 11-16-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Wow, this is really impressive. I love all the hand-drawn illustrations. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks Arsheesh! I had the mythic beasts already done, as well as the compass and scale. The illustration for the Pantheon of Cultures is the new one here .

And some more. Most of the cities are done (I redid the previous ones) and the jungles too.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Safrân.jpg

Some more. All buildings/cities are done now and I started the hatching. I would have done more if my f*** computer didn't crashed.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Safrân.jpg

Oh I love those pointy mountains (kind of a Sagrada Familia vibe for some). Have you considered shading them with maybe an overlay layer à la Max ?

This is so sweet Ilanthar
    I'm glad you are doing more like this.
    Obviously I loved Batikshal and I am sure will love this one too.
    Is this in the same world as Batikshal?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast