Thread: The Ganador thread - really digging down on details

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    looking forward to see a new update ! it's a huge work, but it's paying off : the color extract is very impressive and eye catching (almost like the original huge map !)
    Thanks Jo! That's what I'm aiming for too in this map! I want it to look vibrant and eye-catching just like you said. Here's hoping I'll succeed in keeping that level all throughout the map!

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    I'm curious, are the Blue and Teal buildings going to be places that you mark on the legend of the map? Those special places that the PC's want to tour? Some texturing to the buildings would probably bring it out more, but honestly I like the look of it now. Clean and Good Looking!
    Thanks! The different coloured roofs are just different roofing materials. I'm experimenting a bit with what's possible. The teal is just oxidized bronze as you'll find on many a church and temple all over the world, while the blue is supposed to be enameled roof tiles. The orange is terracotta of course. Not sure how many roofs I'll do in each of those styles. For the moment I'm keeping it mostly terracotta with a "special" roof here and there to spice things up a bit and I kinda like that principle.

By the way, here's another update!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ganador - Sahwyn Island (10).jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	5.07 MB 
ID:	119033
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Quote Originally Posted by Caenwyr View Post
    By the way, here's another update!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ganador - Sahwyn Island (10).jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	5.07 MB 
ID:	119033
    About time!

Looking really good, I like how the water in particular is coming along.