Thread: The City of Garven

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Great work again, Daniel ! And the color palette is so recognizable as yours.
    Wingshaw has a good point about adding some little extra details (though I'm also guilty of not doing them...).

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Thanks for sharing this nice map !

As usual, I love your choice of color and lineart ! I love the way you choose to treat the border... it's a good and simple idea
    Thanks Jo!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    This is really good, Dan. The city layout looks really believable, and I like the clear and simple design.

One thing that I think might make it even better - or your next city map, instead - is including chimneys for the houses. It's a little extra detail that I have seen used to great effect in city maps (notably, J.Edward's city maps).

Have some rep.

Wingshaw
    Thanks Wingshaw! Ah yes, chimneys. I actually thought of that but didn't want to go through that whole process and hoped no one would notice I guess I have to get back and add some chimneys now?

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Oh, I love this one very much, Daniel ! Love the slightly warmer tone you used, and the simple border and parchment works really, really well !
    Thanks MistyBeee!

Quote Originally Posted by kitester View Post
    This looks amazing. I absolutely love the minute details of the map and how the colors contrast with each other to make the town have a pop.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great work again, Daniel ! And the color palette is so recognizable as yours.
    Wingshaw has a good point about adding some little extra details (though I'm also guilty of not doing them...).
    Thanks Ilanthar!