Thread: The Moordusk Dome - Noss Saga local map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

joabaldwin, it is really inspiring to see how much effort you have been put into your world! I have been reading a bit of your site, but I didn't catch what is the circle in your map. Like I imagined your domes like giant spheres, is that it? But is it floating above the towns and villages?
    Keep up with the good world (work hehe)!

Thanks, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Ink_alpinist View Post
    joabaldwin, it is really inspiring to see how much effort you have been put into your world! I have been reading a bit of your site, but I didn't catch what is the circle in your map. Like I imagined your domes like giant spheres, is that it? But is it floating above the towns and villages?
    Keep up with the good world (work hehe)!
    The circle is the perimeter of the dome, which is made of vines and about half a mile thick. The domes are like half-spheres made of vines growing from the land, although in reality they are more flat than half-spheres (more like flattened blisters, otherwise they'd be so tall they'd extend beyond the atmosphere!). The world map on my site shows them from a more schematic, orthogonal view from above, although I made them more hemispherical just for stylization purposes.

It's been hard to represent the domes on the maps. In this case, it almost looks like a magnifying glass because the forests in the interior and exterior don't seem to line up, but that's just because the forests are growing in completely different climates and conditions on the inside, so they aren't meant to match.