Thread: World of Thra (Dark Crystal): WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I second that comment - for me, there is a lot more texture and character to the traditional media. I'd love to see that one finished!

Quote Originally Posted by swiss View Post
    I have to say I like the hand-drawn one better. The digital one is coming along nicely so it's not a knock on that version. You're just really, really good at hand-drawing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    I second that comment - for me, there is a lot more texture and character to the traditional media. I'd love to see that one finished!
    Thank you very much for your feedback Swiss and Jshoer!
    I agree with the both of you.

The process of digital drawing is very different then doing it with more traditional means and I prefer the traditional way of creating a map over digital when it comes to smaller sized maps not based on an existing Lore, but...

This map is so very complex and huge (I needed to do so many overhauls since I started) I am glad I can do it digitally and allow myself to experiment with different styles, layouts and colours without ruining what I allready completed.

Also, my biggest dissapointment when it comes to traditional maps is presenting it online. There is such a big loss in quality and colour when posting a picture I feel it is a letdown to the final product. That being said, I will reddraw the whole map again by hand once I finished the digital one (Will take some time and I'll probably do a few other maps in between )

To me, both traditional and digital are mere mediums to create a product and I will keep practising with both of them