Thread: Raum's Stronghold

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Facebook Connected Dain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Seeing mouses around every corner... feel like i am being stalked
    Thanks Dain for comment and suggestion
    - I have been told many times to change straight lines of buildings. I don't know why it bothers so much, i like them straight. Problem is i cannot draw relatively good buildings by hand on tablet. They are always skewed, that is why i use straight lines, especially when it comes to isometric view. For this one i will try to make a new layer and draw them again little jagged and see how it looks.
    - this map originally supposed to be 3 point perspective.... but because it is really my first map like that after couuple of tries i decided to make it a bit easier and go for isometric view. I will not change it now, the image is too small to transform (the lines will be blurry) and i definately don't want to start again from 0. Maybe next map.
    I completely understand,
    What you could do then, is playing with the "perspective" function in PS, to create that vanishing point. Just for you to see what happens. I admit it can blur the lines a bit. For the next illustration then.
    I often use that tool as well as Google Sketchup. These are smart tools to educate my rusty eyes for getting nice angles of view.

Doing so, i get this kind of sketch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	laelith-rendu.png 
Views:	151 
Size:	689.0 KB 
ID:	104708