Quote Originally Posted by Yrda View Post
Although this tutorial is old, I gave it a try because I was curious and wanted to try out something new.

This part "Right Click the vector mask for the newly created layer and choose 'Disable Vector Mask'" didn't work for me. I see no vector mask when I create a shape, just a standard layer mask. And if I disable that, nothing happens.
I solved this by just creating a "Color" Adjustment layer with the same settings.
You refer to the following part, right?

"21. Select the shape tool from the tool bar (U)
22. Draw a shape of any size
23. Right Click the vector mask for the newly created layer and choose 'Disable Vector Mask'"

Maybe it's just a misunderstanding of the "vector mask for the newly created layer" passage. To clarify the description and maybe locate the problem, could you try the following steps (also works without your map in a new document) and tell me at which of these steps it doesn't work (these are tried in Photoshop 9.0/CS 2 so maybe something is working different in newer versions):

- Pressing "U" should give you the possibility to draw a shape, let's say a rectancle, right?
- After drawing a rectangle, a new layer in form of a smart object should occur at your page!?
- In the layer window the smart object should be shown with some different information: left you have a color box, followed by a small chain symbol and right of it a small "preview" where your rectangle is shown in white above the grey background?
- If you now right click on the part with the "preview" or where the text "Form 1" is shown, you should see the option "disable vector mask"

Is it working this way or is there a problem within one of these steps?