Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: TreeThing

This is awesome and has compensated for my lack of artistic skill.

Any chance Mountainthing is in the works ???

Blog Entries

Yes it is, although it is in its most very basic form right now. I don't get much time to code and when I do TreeThing always seems to be more important. Hopefully I'll get some time to work on it some day. It's actually supposed to be hill/mountainThing, with the program using the greyscale of the template to decide if a mountain goes there or a hill.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

that would be awesome. Looking forward to this.

Guild Member

Its to big for the site to accept. Let me upload it my server and send you a link.

Guild Member

Had to upload it to my mediafire account. my server wouldn't serve the file.

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?qexp8sz6han9498

Guild Apprentice

This thing is still in development? Quite.
    I like what you have done

Blog Entries

Hey Fluesopp. Yeah it's still in development when I have the time. Last time I worked on it I was overhauling it completely, changing the way it held the forest patterns but I had to stop for a while so it's stayed in a bugged state with me now unable to recall exactly where I was with it. Hehe.

So it may be some time before I get enough time to unravel where I was before being able to make some actual progress. Ah well, one day.

Didn;t you say you were working on some kind of world generator now or something? Any progress with that?
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

Blog Entries

Zzzzz @ trying to pick up where you left off after 6+ months break and not knowing WHY you broke a core part of the program when it was obviously intentional that you did so. :S

Anyhoos, update to this coming soon although it will mainly be UI-centric. And bug fixes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TreeThingUpdate.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	361.1 KB 
ID:	39334

EDIT: Added a screenie of where I am right now. UI is hopefully a little easier now with most of the common functions being readily available. It might be a little more overwhelming when coming to it for the first time but dunno... is it hard to use? It's hard for me to be objective. Seems easy enough to me.

Image shows the faux perspective view that I probably won't enable for the next release as it is still very much a WIP.
    Last edited by Ramah; 10-19-2011 at 04:16 PM.

man this is getting better and better... love the perspective effect ... now just add some mountains, rivers and a landmass fractal generator, and we'd need nothing else for our maps ... cheers, DJ

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks really great - just make sure you have "tool tips" for the buttons so people know what they do
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast