Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Using GIMP to Create an Artistic Regional RPG Map

Default The End

The promised pdfs. I had to break it into parts 3 and 4 because of the size limitation...

Also attached is a zip of the final xcf file (it just fits under the limit) in case anyone wants to dissect this thing to get a better understanding on any of the steps or layers.

And now that this is over, I can get back to some other things on the back burner

Cheers!

-Rob A>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Using GIMP to Create an Artistic Regional RPG Map - Part 3.pdf   Using GIMP to Create an Artistic Regional RPG Map - Part 4.pdf  
    Attached Files Attached Files

This tutorial is amazing, Rob. I can't even imagine how many hours you put into both developing the system and the writing/posting of that system. Thank you so much.

I can't wait to see what maps users make from it, too!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

I agree, and I really hope you get a bucket load of rep for it as well.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Guild Apprentice

the results are 100% fantastic. i'm going to refer to this thread at gimp dome. i'm sure your techniques can be used for many other apps. thanks for sharing.

you're one of the best gimp users i've seen. very inspiring......

Thanks! I'm glad someone is reading this thread

As no one has been posting with comments are questions I was worried this exercise was for naught. Now is the time - any question? Post them here! I wil be adding any clarification that people ask for in an edited version that at some point will be set up as a single file PDF for download.

-Rob A>

Guild Journeyer

Oh, no, I have been reading and building on this thread on my own. I'm currently doing a lot of world building with my gaming group to prep for the release of D&D 4.0. And this tutorial was how I got them to start sketching out the areas as we discussed them.

I'm hoping to provide a few examples once I've had the change to get something finished.

This is my first post to this forum, let me assure you that this excersize is not a waste. I have gotten through the first two PDF and have learned some interesting techniques. I will be applying them to how I create textures for Planets in Spacescapes as well.

I hope to post something of a map from your tut soon. I just want to make my own rather than the provided sketch.

Thanks for this tutorial!

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Gimp View Post
    This is my first post to this forum, let me assure you that this excersize is not a waste. I have gotten through the first two PDF and have learned some interesting techniques. I will be applying them to how I create textures for Planets in Spacescapes as well.

I hope to post something of a map from your tut soon. I just want to make my own rather than the provided sketch.

Thanks for this tutorial!

hey,

good to see you made it here. its a nice place ti visit. can't wait to see what you come up with.

Praise

RobA:

I just downloaded and installed GIMP today. I'm looking forward to using your tutorial as a learning tool. It's the best way to learn the features of any software package.

Thank you for your time and effort!! I'm looking forward to digging in.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Make sure everyone gives RobA some rep over this!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast