Thread: [Award Winner] Using GIMP to Create an Artistic Regional RPG Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice
    Blog Entries

Question "post 7:... Seashore" can't seem to do that in gimp 2.10.6

I got as far as the seashore step, and then hit a roadblock... I don't have "edge behavior" options. It's not a vital step, map for my personal game of DnD, but i dont really want to have to go back and rebuild all the following layers once I figure this out (I'm a perfectionist and if there is even one thing that feels "off" I'm going to go nuts trying to fix it...). So, my question is, how would I do this in gimp 2.10.6? If there's anyone who knows. (Figured it out: there IS no edge behavior in that dialogue for 2.10.6... it seems to be automatic.)

Edit: Went ahead and pushed on... 3 questions.
    1) Found a way to maneuver around this, but not ideal; I can't get the mountains "high" enough. Some of my "impassable" ranges are a bit shallow. (Fixed to my satisfaction: used bump map instead of bevel. left me with a "glow" that took some work to fix, but finally got it)
    2) I'm absolutely lost when trying to get anything at the beginning of post 13 done. Backtracking to the sea layers and doing the underwater terrain especially was a nearly catastrophic failure (Fixed: One of the layers was somehow broken, completely redoing select layers fixed it.)
    3) Starting on rivers now (going to use the other forest tute for now), but when I draw the white lines on the grass mask, the white of the "shoreline mask" blocks the blue water... (Fixed: somehow, when I redid the layers, the rivers turned pale blue... *shrugs*)

Well. Feel a little less stupid, and when I get it finished I'll attach a pic so others can see that even a noob can accomplish a good map with this one. LoL
    Last edited by Silbrulf; 09-08-2018 at 09:44 AM. Reason: New Roadblocks