Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: donjon random dungeon generator

Blog Entries

@Drow: Thanks! I will now have a lot of maps useful for when I start running campaigns again!

@Wolph: Eventually your builder will make sense to me. I just found RPTools today and so everything is still too new for me to comprehend it all. But, that is probably just me being super dense today...

So is there a way to import these straight into Maptool? I'm a little clueless, and it's very late, but this is very exciting. The Donjon generator is perfect for me when I don't have something ready immediately. I can now focus on a story, and leave the nitty gritty to this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisnorth View Post
    So is there a way to import these straight into Maptool? I'm a little clueless, and it's very late, but this is very exciting. The Donjon generator is perfect for me when I don't have something ready immediately. I can now focus on a story, and leave the nitty gritty to this thing.
    yes there is. You'll need my dungeon builder and load it in MT. Then you need to export the dungeon from the donjon website as TSV (bottom right) and load that into the 'dungeon builder' campaign (there is a button).
    Here's the link to the tool: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic....=16833&start=0
    My Stuff: Dungeon Builder Tool (can be used in conjunction with Drow's Dungeon Generator)

Adjustable corridor sizes are needed; having them all have 5 feet/1 square of width makes it too easy to trap enemies, be trapped by enemies, or bottleneck.

Default random geomorphs

Last edited by drow; 07-13-2011 at 10:34 PM.
    >>< drow ><<

Hello,

I totally love that generator. Its a great help in my various DM activities.

Right now I'm DMing a small Startrek Session & found something strange (Bug?, Oversight?) when creating a list of NPC Names for the high redshirt demand and other encounters. All vulcan females start out with "T´". While its a common thing for them they do not must have that.

Many Vulcan females have names beginning with T' (T'Pol, T'Pring, T'Pau, T'Pel, T'Pan), but not all (Valeris, Sakonna, Saavik, Selar)
    http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Vulcan (close to the bottom of that page).

I hope that was the right place to post that info, have not found a PM or E-mail option.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anothername View Post
    http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Vulcan (close to the bottom of that page).

I hope that was the right place to post that info, have not found a PM or E-mail option.
    You need at least 5 posts before the Private Messaging feature becomes active.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Drow, do you plan on adding a corridor width parameter? As stated, the 1 width corridors are too easy for monsters and PCs alike to exploit.

yeah, it's in the works. alternatively, you could also generate a smaller dungeon and increase the scale (e.g. 20' per square instead of 10')
    Last edited by drow; 07-21-2011 at 11:54 AM.
    >>< drow ><<

Quote Originally Posted by anothername View Post
    Right now I'm DMing a small Startrek Session & found something strange (Bug?, Oversight?) when creating a list of NPC Names for the high redshirt demand and other encounters. All vulcan females start out with "T´". While its a common thing for them they do not must have that.
    oversight, or i accidentally deleted the second name pattern at some point. fixed, thanks!
    >>< drow ><<

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast