Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: donjon random dungeon generator

Best...tool...ever! Thanks for setting this up and sharing it. I needed a quick underground are beneath the school the players are going to explore, and with your generator it came out looking really great. Thanks!

Its been a while but someone contacted me about my maptool map builder which makes use of your donjon generator. He has created a ruby script that can turn your maps into graphics maps VERY quickly, including vision blocking layers, which is the bomb! In short I'm very excited about this.

However, he wants to take it a step further and also parse the dungeon data, traps, encounters etc. Which can also be stored into maptools. The only thing he need for that is that that data is retrievable in a consistent manner. E.g. also in some txt csv file. The question of course is: are you still interested in doing this?

to jog your memory a bit: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic....=16833&start=0

a lot of thanks!!
    My Stuff: Dungeon Builder Tool (can be used in conjunction with Drow's Dungeon Generator)

Hey, I know it's been awhile but I've been using this tool combo for a long time now and just today I went to use it again and I cannot find the export buttons on donjon; d20 Random Dungeon Generator anymore. This is the only place I can think to bring this up. If there's some other way to contact drow about this let me, but I couldn't find anything on his website

Quote Originally Posted by high-marshal View Post
    Hey, I know it's been awhile but I've been using this tool combo for a long time now and just today I went to use it again and I cannot find the export buttons on donjon; d20 Random Dungeon Generator anymore. This is the only place I can think to bring this up. If there's some other way to contact drow about this let me, but I couldn't find anything on his website
    I just checked but the button is still there. It's called map Tsv.

Note that I build a map generator version two that works stand alone and also ads a vision blocking layer automatically. You can find a link to it in my signature on the maptool forum.
    My Stuff: Dungeon Builder Tool (can be used in conjunction with Drow's Dungeon Generator)

Like high-marshal, I'm here because Drow doesn't really have contact info on his site. I'm working on a Dark Heresy campaign in Roll20 and have been a heavy user of his Player Map export tool for dungeon generation. Now that button is gone (really really totally gone! Check it out! I can't even get the TSV like wolph42 can!), and it's hamstrung some of my campaign building on very short notice. Bad planning on my part, admittedly. All the same, I'm having to postpone play and I'm a bit worried I'm going to upset my players.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Drow? Is this a bandwidth limited thing? A deliberate change? An error? Bad caching on my end?

One last oddity: high-marshal said he couldn't export on the 17th, but I was able to do exports as late as the 27th.

Any help would be very sincerely appreciated! I'm just a li'l panicky at this point.

I just tried it. The dungeon generator worked fine, I tried several different settings & all worked. Now once the dungeon was generated there was no export button, but I just used the FireFox browser Print function and everything printed out nicely. If you need to save it you could select print to file.

While this is true, I really valued the Player Map export option. It hid which doors were locked/trapped/secret, it removed the room numbering, and it spat out a JPG with nice big 50x50 pixel tiles that look great in Roll20. The on-screen ones it generates, conversely, are going to give away information to my players and have 13x13 pixel tiles that are gonna look pretty fuzzy and pixellated when stretched out to Roll20's 70x70 pixel grid.
    Last edited by ChampionHyena; 03-03-2014 at 12:03 PM.

i figured it out. Its browser/device(?) related. The buttons are there on my ipad (Chrome), but not on my pc chrome nor explorer. Weird.

Just tried it on my iPhone (also in Chrome), and the buttons aren't present for me. Take a look.

I'm really not sure what's going on. I've checked the developer tools in Chrome and I can see where the functionality should be.

hey hi... sorry, they're unavailable at the moment. a few people have been swamping the server lately through those functions. i don't think its anything deliberately malicious, probably just poorly-behaved browsers, etc. i hope to have the issue coded around soonish, then they'll be back.
    >>< drow ><<

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast