Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: donjon random dungeon generator

Great news! Thanks for the update, and thanks as always for all of your work on the generator.

@Drow

This has got to be the best dungeon generator Ive found in my dungeon searches. Im trying to write my own and yours is my inspiration!

Keep up the good work!

Oh cool, i always use this generator for quick improvised dungeons. Nice to see it here

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected NathanC's Avatar

Just checked it out drow, it works great. Thanks for this.

Default Ideas for further development

As I can't PM @Drow before I've posted five forum messages, I'll first write on this thread.

I am a recent returnee to the hobby and to my delight I've discovered amazing free resources around the web. One of these is donjon random generator and what an incredible resource it is, my most profound thanks for making it. As I've read through this thread, I see that you're open to ideas but have certain reluctancy to implement fan ideas.

I understand that very well but having need and some ideas for additional features I wonder what's definition for useful feature that would get accepted into development pipeline? Some of my ideas, in no particular order:
    • room contents and features (furniture, chests, statues, dais, curtains, pillars et al)
    • combination of regular rooms and caverns in a same map
    • different corridor widths (either user selectable or randomly)
    • different types of stairs (narrow/wide, straight/spiraling etc)
    • curved shapes in rooms/corridors
    • map style that is progressive (eg. where one enters at one side and progress to opposite side via limited selection of routes)
    • repeating at least some generator choices on results screen to facilitate tweak and regeneration
    • documentation of generator choices

On top of that, I have background as a programmer so I might be able to help with the implementation (though I don't know any Perl).

Nice job drow. Really cool program for quick dungeons. I haven't read all of the posts but some random room shapes etc would be a nice addition.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

I started one of these in a former life as a Flash coder. Mine looked rough and was infested with teddy bears. It's so good to see it done properly... and that it's become so popular. Nice one!

Hi Drow,

I'm the developer of a new map-making program called MapForge, which is currently on Kickstarter. One of the features I'll be adding to my app, thanks to an unlocked Stretch Goal, is support for random dungeon generation via your awesome Donjon generator. I've created this short video explaining exactly how this is going to work, using mockups I created in Photoshop. I just uploaded the video, but haven't announced it anywhere yet (though I plan to do so in a KS Update tomorrow). I wanted to get your feedback on this, and give the folks here at CG the first look.
    Looking for battlemap creation software that can be used to create gorgeous print-resolution output on Windows or Mac OS?
    Give MapForge a try.

Couldn't wait any longer, so I've gone ahead and posted an Update that includes the video.
    Looking for battlemap creation software that can be used to create gorgeous print-resolution output on Windows or Mac OS?
    Give MapForge a try.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456