Thread: donjon random dungeon generator

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

but if i wanted to export a map which someone else could import into their campaign and still work with, i'd want map -> export map, right?

i was curious about how difficult it would be for the random dungeon generator to just generate a maptool compatible file. the asset structure is obvious, but the XML looks totally gnarly. i'll leave it to you and your macros, i think.
    >>< drow ><<

ah, I see. I think 'difficult' is an understatement. Though you could try exporting an empty map and see what it looks like and compare that to a simple map with a few tokens. In all I guess its not worth the effort though.
    My Stuff: Dungeon Builder Tool (can be used in conjunction with Drow's Dungeon Generator)

Drow,
    I was wondering if you could include a way to exclude hallways, and corridors or what ever, so instead of one dungeon, you have only the rooms. I want to try and your tool (in conjunction with wolph42's tool) to randomly generate cities. I made a collosal map, with small sized rooms, and it looks like a city, if you could disconnect all the rooms, into individual buildings. Another step forward would be to combine it with the city generator here for the details of the city. You could really easily make large functioning cities in maptools in under an hour. all you would need to do would be to put down tokens, and maybe dress the place up.

This addition could also be used for making bandit camps and really any area that's not just one huge dungeon. Thanks in advance if you manage to do this.

could, yes. but i really have no interest in anything that specialized and trivial.
    (just open a map and start plunking down random buildings, no need to code that.)
    >>< drow ><<