Thread: donjon random dungeon generator

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ok, I've got it again. It has been a while since last I worked on this project and I noticed that the online version is 1.0 while on my pc im already at 1.3. I remember getting stuck due to an issue in MT that should be resolved by now, but haven't come round to fix the issue.
    Anyway, this is a good opportunity for me to get into the game again.

Here's the deal. Your doors are centered in a cell, while my tool also makes use of the edge of the cell, so you don't only have a square floor but also a wall around it and thus doors inside those walls. Hence the option to put a door at the Top, Right, Bottom or Left side of the cell--> DT,DR,DL,DB. If you can implement that in your code that would be grant.
    As for different types of doors, that was what I was working on. currently you set up a list of different doors and the tool picks one at random (or just one type, in which case the whole dungeon will be filled with that). My next step was giving the option to set a doortype: e.g. D1T, D2L --> Door type 1 (e.g. portcullis) on the top side of the cell, Door type 2 (e.g. wood) on the left side. Other functions i was working on are double doors (quite a pain).
    So anticipating on that you could indeed render codes like that. In stead of numbers I think that alfa codes should also be possible (A..Z), so portcullis would then become DPT and a wooden door e.g. DWT. Note that the tool is setup in such a way that you can (nearly) completely setup object codes yourself. The only exceptions are F, D, W and L (Floor, Door, Wall and Light). These letters are reserved.
    Last edited by wolph42; 01-11-2011 at 02:24 PM.