Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: November/December Entry: Daemion's Den of Divine Debautchery

So I think I'm almost done. Just at the editing stage where I need to make adjustments to enhance elements. Just gonna put it through a round of C&C and see what you guys think first. Let me know!

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Daemion's Den of Divine Debauchery.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	31132  
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

look really good - like the shadows over the pit - the seating on the left side could use a bit more contrast to make us see what it is
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

When you say on the left hand side, are you meaning the left set of benches for the pit? Or are you referring to the bar stools, if its the stools the one in the common room or those on the balcony? Also wanted to ask if the passage that goes behind the animal pit or around is evident with the use of the lightening of the wall?
    Last edited by geamon; 11-28-2010 at 07:15 AM.
    Cheers, Julien

All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I ment the left set of benches for the pit, yes the stools are fine.
    Not sure what passage you're refering too, so I guess that would be a no *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

So yeah I have better contrasting with the bench area now, also added some spider webs in the smuggler's storage area as well as wall scratches in the cell. The passage I'm referring to goes around behind the animal pit and the other half is off screen around the front of the animal pit but not visible. But yeah I'm struggling to express the depth of view aside from using color gradients and opacity of textures used. That's the thing that's difficult with this kinda view. For simplicity purpose I wanted to avoid a slight ISO/elevated viewpoint to make sure I actually finish a challenge map.... Anyways unless there's any other small detail I want to include or any other major critique I receive, this will be my final version.

## Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Daemion's Den of Divine Debauchery.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	31146  
    Cheers, Julien

Didn't get to see this until now. Beautiful vertical map--I don't see many of those about. I really like the crisp, clean look (the opposite of mine), and the really beautiful textures. Great job!

Thanks guys I really appreciate the comments. Still learning but each new map I do i learn a lot of new stuff. Too bad my PC is being held up at the border and I cant open up my Intuos gift until Christmas even though its literally 6 feet away!! Still unsure if there is more that I can add.
    Cheers, Julien

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Heh heh heh, nice one Ravs. Looks my house.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast