Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GiddeHand Half-Script Font

I realised too late that 'kerning' is a mystical process that requires the blood of an innocent, the sweat of thousands and the tears of a fair maiden.
    You got away lightly then.

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    Now when I see Papyrus something dark stirs and the voices tell me what I must do to those who perpetrate such sins....
    That must get inconvenient, because Papyrus is everywhere. Somebody needs to analyze what makes that font so appealing and bottle it.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Papyrus is appealing? Oh crap, maybe I need to rethink this whole font thing, because I obviously have no clue

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Papyrus is appealing? Oh crap, maybe I need to rethink this whole font thing, because I obviously have no clue
    It's appealing in the same manner that Kraft Dinner is. Some people love it, but those with any taste find it repulsive.

Lol....I used Papyrus in our wedding invitation. Looking at it now the kerning is horrible, but I still think the letter forms give a good Edwardian conservatory feel (which is what I wanted to go for). I think (not sure) it probably got overused because it was one of the very few decorative fonts which shipped installed with an early version of Ms Word. Comic Sans is the other one which comes in for criticism for over and inappropriate use. I actually know a lawyer who composes all his emails in comic sans.

Aww, sorry Ravs, didn't mean to diss your wedding invitations! A lawyer using comic sans for his emails though? eeeewww....

Quote Originally Posted by Hai-Etlik View Post
    It's appealing in the same manner that Kraft Dinner is. Some people love it, but those with any taste find it repulsive.
    Heh. Well stated. Although I do occasionally like a nice bowl of Mac'n'Cheese. And Papyrus is still perfect for piratey treasure maps. It's when you find it plastered on signs for tech companies that you start to wonder what's up.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

I love mac'n'cheese.

Edited the top post to fix a bug that stopped the font from rendering correctly in Microsoft Office and Wordpad.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast