Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Region of the setting

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    yes.. well put NeonKnight but that story won't save you ... freeze him in carbonite! *chooooooo.. kkhhhhhhhh... chuuuuuuuuu kkhhhhhhh*
    Well, the PCs weren't near the carbonite chambers Other side of the city
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Bespin actually had carbonite chambers all over the place. And with the typical Lucasian architecture and its lack of safety features, being frozen in carbonite was the third most common household accident on Bespin.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Funny. I can see it now - "Billy, don't play with your toys near the carbonite chamber. I've told you a thousand times. Next time I'm gonna ground you for a week."
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*rofl*....
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

mearrin69 suggested using Argria (in Anuroch as a starting point. The entire Anuroch region, as well as Khossus to the south, has almost no written detail and can be molded to fit just about anything.

Or we could move to the west coast... to Akron maybe?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

At the edge of a desert. I like it. It has nice potential with the festival and the blending of at least two cultures.

There may be a prob if the item is tied to a geological location. Unless the town is in the fertile area extending into the desert.
    Last edited by Korash; 03-27-2011 at 06:58 PM. Reason: damn double post!!!
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Nothing says the caravan can't be going east or south, either. But hopefully that tie will be nixed soon.

Anyone have any other ideas? Once we get this worked out we can start building a history and get things moving...

No problems here other than changing the name of the region. WotC's Forgotten Realms already has a large desert with an almost identical name: Anauroch: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Anauroch
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I've still got the original .psd with all of the text layers, so that's easy enough to do. Any ideas on a new name? I'm wondering if I should change the name of the mountain range too. I had never played World of Warcraft when I made this map, but have since. Stormwind is a major capital city on that game.

*Edit* I take that back... I don't have *all* of the original text layers still. The Anuroch label can still be changed, but the Stormwind Mountains are going to have to stay.
    Last edited by industrygothica; 03-28-2011 at 04:40 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast