Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: System info

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a subscription to D&D Insider, which includes Monster Builder - where you with the use of a level slider can change any monster up and down in power - so it would be easy to make a low (or high) level orc. Of course this poses a different problem seing that 4e players expect an orc to have a certain level.
    I'm definitly not against making 2 versions of the game, but it will take a lot more work since skill challenges and monster building is a lot different in 4e. Both Pathfinder/3.5 and 4e have a lot of players so the potential customers are out there... but I'll create a marketing thread for that discussion

Talking with the other CL's we have concensus that we should charge for the adventure, but we'll make a teaser for free of course. The money will go to the guild - and by that back to the users. ... we still have to set a price and all that, but lest see how big the scenario gets before we do that
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Journeyer

I'm a very 4E mechanics guy - extremely so. If you need someone for terrain, traps, monster design and basically anything to do with encounters I'm certainly your man (as I've extensive experience with 4E, DMing 2 campaigns into epic and currently running two right now). There is a hidden advantage to using 4E: It doesn't have a lot of great adventures and so there isn't significant competition, while with Pathfinder you're going to be competing with the established adventure paths (which are generally pretty decent).

Blog Entries

thats a good point Aegeri ... and cool on you playing so much, I wish I had the time. I'm running a campaing where they've reached level 5 and playing in one (wizards scenarios) where I'm level 12 now... so a long way from epic.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Well, I play pretty much nothing but D&D (Original, 1rst, 2nd, Skills & Powers, 3rd, 3.5, and now 4e and 4e Essentials), so I know all, and why I suggested way back (possibly in the community leaders portion) that we should go both ways and tap as much into the market for both players.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Blog Entries

thought about checking out Essentials... but the descriptions of the products are pretty vague... first I thought it was a simplification of the 4e rules for new players.. but I'm guessing its actually expanding/changing them a little but keeping them compatible?
    regs tilt

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    thought about checking out Essentials... but the descriptions of the products are pretty vague... first I thought it was a simplification of the 4e rules for new players.. but I'm guessing its actually expanding/changing them a little but keeping them compatible?
    Its a bit of both. Simplified on one hand to aid in bringing in newer players, but is 100% compatable with Reg 4e. Additionally, monsters have been retooled to provide a bigger challenge and not seem so stale in a fight, Magic Missile is back to an Auto hit for X damage, and almost ALL wizard spells are ROLL TO HIT for FULL DAMAGE, Half Damage on a miss (I am currently playing a MAGE in the Essentials game with 4e powers, nothing is overpowered/underpowered with relation to each other)
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Blog Entries

hmmmm... doesn't sound bad then
    regs tilt

1) If it is going to be a commercial release, then we need somebody who knows IP law well enough to keep things clean. There's a lot more leeway if it is given away (even with an "it would sure be nice if you donated something to the Cartographer's Guild if you like all those great maps we keep churning out" message attached), where you can be pretty sure it'll be a cease and desist letter instead of a lawsuit if you do stumble over a line somewhere.

2) I would strongly prefer to see the adventure written up as generically (in the system-neutral sense) as possible, then stats can be given for as many different games as one might like (and the generic version can be made available for use by those who would just as soon tune it to their group themselves or who use a system that has not been covered).

3) While you appeal to the largest audience by choosing the more currently popular games, the players of other games typically have less commercial support material available and the interest level is likely to be higher.

I prefer generic as well but I guess I look at everything as generic because I don't really care what stat block someone else puts on something, I'll make it what I want to make it and nobody can stop me, the the GM!!!!

PS.. I've only wiped my players out once
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

Made a poll...
    regs tilt

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123