Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Cup of Kings - Images

Default The Cup of Kings - Images

Hopefully this will help fire things up again. At least I won't feel like I'm the one holding up the show. While sitting at my wife's bedside while she recovered from surgery I was able to look over my sketches and select one.

Here are two images one almost sepia in coloring and the other saturated. If something needs to be changed on this let me know and we'll see what I can do.

Without further adue I present "The Cup of Kings".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CupOfKingsT1.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	38213   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CupOfKingsT2.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	38214  
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 09-02-2011 at 01:24 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Wow, Jax that's fantastic! The only thing which looks a little inconsistent in style is the red jewel, it looks too sharp compared to the rest of the drawing?

Thank you Ravells. As for the "jewel" I will tweak on that, thanks for mentioning it. I think I felt this before I posted so in my mind you are the second witness . I was actually thinking more of a medallion when I placed it there but jewel/medallion no matter.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 09-02-2011 at 10:50 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Update - I think this is a little better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CupOfKingsT1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	38216   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CupOfKingsT2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	38217  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks cool - however I can't help thinking high heeled boot ... sorry ... I can't decide if the outer lines should be sharper either, the thumb looks fantastic.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I know what you mean about the boot. I have thought this all the way through. I just didn't have any good idea on a better way to allow the horn to sit on a table. I can ditch the base entirely and it's really cool looking but the king would have to hold it the entire time...of course, that's what slaves are for, eh?

I think this looks better at less than full resolution. I think I screwed up a little when I scanned it in and I notice some pixelation at full zoom. It was my thought and hope that we wouldn't be needing it at 100% zoom. The original sketch is on a post it note believe it or not so I will probably need to work on it some more if we want the full size.

Blog Entries

maybe a steel stand (thin) instead of the thick base?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Blog Entries

if people should be able to print the pages, we'd need a resolution of at least 150 dpi, so it looks like we can reduce the size quite a bit
    regs tilt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I know it's supposed to be some sort of drinking horn, etc. but like Tilt my first thought was... 'pointy toed boot'
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I like the sepia one.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast