Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
A break from deck plan drawing...beginnings of a campaign map. Lots of work to do on it but this is the basic layout. I wanted to get Sol in there (even though we'll be mostly in the far spinward side of this map for most of the game) so the players have some landmarks and know just how far they are from the heart of the Federation. This is in Illustrator (which I don't know very well) after some disappointing results in PS. I'm hardly an expert starmap maker at this point!
M

Edit: The grid is 20 ly. I'm using the star charts from Star Trek Star Charts by Geoffrey Mandel (Pocket Books) as a reference...but won't be putting anything like that level of detail in there. This is supposed to emulate an LCARS map so will be simple and show mostly just information relevant to the mission. I'll be adding subspace anomalies through out the Bajor sector and neighboring regions...as that's the (nominal) focus of the game.
You may not want that level of detail at this point a decade after the fact, but just in case you've since decided otherwise, there's a resource available for you to play with.

https://hygmap.space/

It's put together by one Jed Whitton, who used the Mandel book as well for his starting point, and threw in the Hipparcos-Yale-Gliese Bright Star Catalogue database for good measure, trying to match as many real stars to Trek-specific counterparts as he could.