I really hate to revive ancient threads like this but Pasis, your style is my absolute favorite of all time. I love the realism because it fuels my imagination like no other.

https://imgur.com/a/wJ0NQ This is a small village I'm working on. The houses are placeholders for now so ignore those. Notice on the edge of the little stream I've got going, I tried to give it a little bit of muddyness? Well I think it looks pretty bad. Gets the job done but still bad. That's the focus of this post.

Unfortunately, GeoControl has been retired so I had to make my own height maps which was already a big mess. Ignoring that aspect of the terrain, my question is how do you blend textures together so incredibly well? Is it just a matter of having REALLY good textures to work with?

In your examples you paint rocks that look like the grass is growing on them and have tiny little pebbles just about everywhere that all blend into the image so seamlessly.

You've covered houses, terrain, trees, height maps and little bits of miscellaneous info in the middle. What would it take to get an in depth tutorial on how you paint textures and blend them so well?