Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Homeless Maps Here

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Post Two for the taking...

OK, thought it was about time to give this thread a bit of life again.

Below are two of my maps (originally Seagaard & Shadizaar). I have stripped off all of the labeling and now make them free for anyone to use in the CWBP.

You can download and label them yourselves, or I am more than willing to add any labeling you might need.

Hopefully someone will find these a nice home (they don't fit my little 'corner' of the CWBP).

Enjoy...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seagaard-nolabel.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	3.45 MB 
ID:	13097   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shadizaar-NoLabels.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	3.59 MB 
ID:	13098  
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    OK, thought it was about time to give this thread a bit of life again.

Below are two of my maps (originally Seagaard & Shadizaar). I have stripped off all of the labeling and now make them free for anyone to use in the CWBP.

You can download and label them yourselves, or I am more than willing to add any labeling you might need.

Hopefully someone will find these a nice home (they don't fit my little 'corner' of the CWBP).

Enjoy...
    So I was looking on the overview map to see if these fit anywhere... and of course I was looking for islands or something for the first one. Found a spot straight away, and you can only imagine my surprise when I discovered that it was, indeed, in your area of the Thargellian Highlands.

With just a bit of rotating, it looks like it'd make a pretty good Nyshdari to me. Try it, and see what you think.

-IG

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I'll give it another look.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post If a place can be found where it fits...

I would be happy to offer this work if it would be helpful somewhere.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled 5-25-09, @75%.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	556.2 KB 
ID:	13630
    Doubt is an unpleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. -Voltaire

My monthly challenge map 'On Nemo's back' can be used for this project after the contest has ended. Not sure if it fits in or if anyone wants to use it.. but that's what I'm offering.

umm Just a question but is there any format i should use ?
    Sorry im kinda new

Just what is the CWBP?

Oops hit enter too quick :-( I see that's is a cooperative world build project, but what was is exactly for? Was this to set up as a universal campaign etc? The wiki is offline to view, I guess for spam reasons. So if any of you long time guys would like to give me an update I would appreciate it.

This project is incredible. The idea is genius and I can only imagine the creation process and execution is and will be breathtaking!
    Good luck

Hi all,

I thought I might try to start contributing to this project. I am a complete noob when it comes to GIMP. I literally downloaded the program and started playing around with shadows and airbrushes to throw together this idea for a Sanctuary. It's a WIP but I think this could be a perfect, little addition to any forest-river regions. I used a simple paintbrush in different shades of green to make the trees and sprayed some dark airbrush to simulate an acceptable texture. The rest is just simply mouse-drawn. There are probably a hundred easier, more precise and more pro ways of achieving a much better design. As soon as I have some time I promise I will look through the guild's tutorials!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pedelaphos Sanctuary.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	52919

The structure at the parting between the river and its estuary is the "Pedelaphos" Temple (I built the term from ancient Greek, roughly it translates to child of the stag), sanctuary to an isolated, forest-dwelling cult dedicated to self preservation through hunting fishing and foraging. They idolize the Stag and Nature in itself (nothing hippy, just respect for the living strength of nature and its creatures). It was built, taking advantage of an unusual gathering of trees, thought to be sacred, in a greatly fertile and fauna-populated section of the woods. The sanctuary is in fact enclosed mostly by these trees combined with stone and wooden planks, made from the branches of the same plants, that link above the structure. The platform hereby created serves probably as a stage of some sorts for certain rituals (not sure yet). The entrance of the temple is decorated with a giant set of antlers, in honor of their noble idol.

(Obviously these are all ideas that came to mind while I was very noobily designing it, any one can use it and call it whatever they want!)

I added a clearing in the northern forest area. I was thinking of adding some monoliths or an altar or both for rituals, similar to Stonehenge perhaps....

A single house with its own developed fields is the only real object of civilization. I'm not sure who lives there yet.

Having seen some of the work on this site and the talent that shines from it, I feel very humble (if not ridiculous) publishing something so crude. I was impatient to start so I just took a stab at it.

All criticism is more than welcome. I'm here to learn, and from what I've seen this is the best place!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast