Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: My Dungeon Maps

Wow Turgenev, Thanks for all of the nice maps for broke DM's like myself! You have a real talent for that.

I remember stumbling across your map thread on Dragonsfoot when you had only posted about 12 maps or so Turgenev, you've only gotten better since.

I think the undersea dungeon would be really cool. I remember stumbling across an adventure in Dungeon Magazine several years back that consisted of an underwater mages lair--several domes with rooms linked by tunnels (unlike a kuo-toa lair it was air tight). Now that I think about it, a kuo-toa lair would have to have some places to breathe normally as the kuo-toa always struck me as amphibious.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraithman168 View Post
    Wow Turgenev, Thanks for all of the nice maps for broke DM's like myself! You have a real talent for that.
    No problem. I'm glad you've enjoyed the maps so far.

Quote Originally Posted by thebax2k View Post
    I remember stumbling across your map thread on Dragonsfoot when you had only posted about 12 maps or so Turgenev, you've only gotten better since.
    Thanks for the kind words. I've learned a lot since I first started. I'm always tinkering around with Photoshop and there is always something new to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by thebax2k View Post
    I think the undersea dungeon would be really cool. I remember stumbling across an adventure in Dungeon Magazine several years back that consisted of an underwater mages lair--several domes with rooms linked by tunnels (unlike a kuo-toa lair it was air tight). Now that I think about it, a kuo-toa lair would have to have some places to breathe normally as the kuo-toa always struck me as amphibious.
    I'm not sure if you've seen this (probably have but just in case) but I did do this dungeon with the idea that is was submerged with either air pockets in it or with raised area above the water (DM's choice). I have a few more ideas for such a dungeon including an idea for a lizardman lair.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dungeon-018.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	950.8 KB 
ID:	6115  
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

You know what would be utterly evil? Figure out how long your players' characters can hold their breath and how fast they can swim and then make a passage that requires them to not stop along the way to make it to the other side. Then either put some beasties at the halfway mark that won't attack them unless they are attacked or put some heavy treasure there that will slow them down. Then see if which is more important to them, their PC's life, treasure/killing stuff.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

That is evil, RPMiller. I like it. That's why I put so many dead ends in my above map - if the characters get lost, they run the chance of using up their oxygen and drowning.

One of my original ideas for the map was this... the whole dungeon is submerged and the dry areas are kept that way by some enchantment. So when the PCs enter room #1, they see a wall of water in front of them. The magic holds the water back but it doesn't prevent movement through it (ie the PCs/monsters can walk/swim through and interact).

Here's the catch, on the dais in Room #4 is a large jewelled chalice with water in it (obviously worth lots of GPs - there's nothing like tempting the players' greed). Should the water spill out of the chalice, the enchantment is broken and the surrounding water comes crashing in with great fury flooding the whole dungeon.
    Cheers,
    Tim

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

I was working on a few action scripts and so I started with a test dungeon that ended up becoming a "real" dungeon. So here it is...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dungeon-060.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	433.8 KB 
ID:	6119  
    Cheers,
    Tim

The Chalice idea is really nice. Mind if I steal it?

Like the newest dungeon, too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cartographist View Post

Feel free to use the chalice idea. I doubt I will get around to using it.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by The Cartographist View Post

I concur. On both counts.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

I wanted to add my many thanks for sharing your work with us. I have a campaign that I've worked in your whole subway inspired series of dungeons and I'm really excited about it.

So kudos to you and please continue your excellent work.

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast