Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: My Dungeon Maps

Actually it would be room A3, but I think we are thinking the same thing still where the map is 'A' and it is room 3.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Thanks guys. That's the route I will probably go with. Personally, I think the unnumbered option works best (that way the DM can assign their own notations) but I want to present both options.

This project keeps growing. First it was just one map, then I decided to make the corridors, then the junctions. Last night I added another main level. Once I get things worked out, I will post the WIP maps.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

I prefer the unnumbered option if that is an option. That does double duty for me allowing me to use it in a VT if I want, or print it out and have a GM version to refer to.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Yup, the first corridor would have the annotations of Room A1, A2, A3 etc. The second corridor will have B1, B2, B3, etc. Where it could be confusing where I have a room assigned one number but split into a and b. In that case, it will be easier just to give the sections of the room their own numbers.
    Cheers,
    Tim

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    I prefer the unnumbered option if that is an option. That does double duty for me allowing me to use it in a VT if I want, or print it out and have a GM version to refer to.
    For my PDFs, there will be numbered & unnumbered colour maps and the same but in black & white. That way the DM can print whatever version they prefer (and not the whole document). That is why I put the legend on its own page as well. The DM can use it or create one of their own (for example, perhaps the DM wants the symbol for open pits to represent a chute/vent instead).
    Cheers,
    Tim

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

The machine just keeps ka-chunkin' along...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

These are really impressive. I keep enjoying this thread but rarely comment. Certainly one I look forward to each day.

Thanks for the kind words, torstan. I appreciate it. To show how much I appreciate it, here the map that started my flooded underground city idea. This is a WIP and I'll probably be adding a few more details here & there (like altars, statues, that sort of thing). The corridor map that I posted previously runs off from the sides of this map. I also have a map with two 4-way junctions on it and another map with a main floor layout in the works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_pdf007.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	609.0 KB 
ID:	8185  
    Cheers,
    Tim

So just because I'm curious, did the builders of this dungeon intend to flood it? I ask because it appears to have been built to be flooded with a lower elevation main hallway running through out, and a very symmetrical layout with doorways at higher elevations.

Is there perhaps an aquatic monster that roams the flooded areas as a guardian or some such?

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    So just because I'm curious, did the builders of this dungeon intend to flood it? I ask because it appears to have been built to be flooded with a lower elevation main hallway running through out, and a very symmetrical layout with doorways at higher elevations.

Is there perhaps an aquatic monster that roams the flooded areas as a guardian or some such?
    To be honest, the maps came first and now I need to rationalize them. At this point I'm leaning towards the idea that the dungeons were flooded on purpose. Some of the later maps have rooms that have access to the water. I picture travel along the waterways are done via small boats/gondolas. Or perhaps the inhabitants are amphibian (semi-aquatic) in nature.

One idea I had was the complex was a Dwarven outpost first but an evil Aquatic race (Kua-Toa? Deep Ones?) slew the Dwarves and then used their own skills/magic/gods (or all three) to turn the streets into canals and flood the place. Perhaps the original inhabitants had mined their way into a flooded chamber that released the aquatic horrors on them.

Here's the rough draft for the junction chambers:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_pdf010.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	651.1 KB 
ID:	8189  
    Cheers,
    Tim

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast