Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread: My Dungeon Maps

Damn right.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Publisher Facebook Connected JPQuinn's Avatar

Tim,

I love the maps. We really need to get together sometime and put some story, traps, critters, and stats to some of these dungeon maps. I could chug out 2 or 3 years worth adventure modules with just your maps.

Keep up the great work!!!
    JP Quinn
    Writer, Game Designer, Map Dabbler
    Visit my blog

Thanks for the complements, JP. I have a few adventures I've been slowly writing that I hope to get around to publishing at some point. Unlike my map making, I'm a much slower writer.

Here's the PDF file of the last batch of maps.
    Cheers,
    Tim

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Thanks a lot, Turgenev!

Here's my latest Dungeon Maps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_pdf014.jpg 
Views:	1096 
Size:	567.3 KB 
ID:	16852 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_pdf014bw.jpg 
Views:	1632 
Size:	597.6 KB 
ID:	16853

And here's the PDF.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

"k-thunk, k-chunk, k-thunk"
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Here's a quick dungeon I did as a break from an adventure I've been working on. The grey areas represent lower elevation. The darker the grey area, the lower the elevation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map-015.jpg 
Views:	2606 
Size:	481.9 KB 
ID:	19134
    Cheers,
    Tim

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

This one might be fav so far. I like to put tunnels on my dungeons like that and your elevations look great.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks Ascension. I've finally pulled my Wacom tablet out from storage and I'm now using it to draw my caverns. That dungeon was a quick drawing exercise to take a break from my current project. I'm working on the 11 pages of maps for my Hex Cavern adventure. I'm currently alternating between touching up the caverns that I drew by hand and writing out the details of the adventure.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Brings back a lot of pleasant memories this thread Turgenev. Great stuff! Making these places is like time spent in another world. I remember it was a unique kind of fun.

I understand the problem some have with the concept of a gelatinous cube living next door to 1D10 kobolds though. lol But, you've not populated most of these I'm guessing, so you can take them in any direction you like.
    I started out creating floor plans in this style- the inspiration being that classic dungeon from the Dungeon Master's Guide, :-D I moved on to using way more sketchy maps. The implementation of them in a gaming session became more important than the presentation to me. I found I could create equally convincing game experiences with minimal maps. I just didn't have the time and it seemed like wasted effort to create something that the players were never going to see.
    We played through the G (Against the Giants), D (Descent Into the Depths of the Earth) and Queen of the Demonweb Pits module series. Some of the maps in those are in this style- especially in the D series I recall; Shrine of the Kuo Toa especially -with the submerged areas.. In that series you have the large overview map which details a vast underground realm connecting all of these modules up, subway map style, with the sunless sea, and the illithids, etc. My later maps became more like that.
    I remember the trickery of the demonweb, where the "corridoors" were interlacing (like celtic knotwork) but the rise and fall in the corridoors was not apparent to anyone in them. I remember chuckling to myself as the party map maker became extremely dumbfounded by that place.
    You can check out some of the last dungeon maps I ever did in the Gundabad thread somewhere on here. I'm still with the maps. (see ME-DEM thread). :-D

monks
    Last edited by monks; 02-08-2011 at 09:14 PM.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast