Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Hedge Maze!

This is a really, really cool map! Well done, Larb!

Delightful. Y'know there's a class of mazes that can be solved just by traversing the whole thing dragging, say, your right hand down the walls? Well if you want to categorize this as a dungeon with a bit of danger, just note that there's a significant amount of poison ivy woven into the hedges. Put a stop to THAT technique...

Thanks. Yes, Linear branching mazes can be solved using that method. It doesn't work so well on "island" mazes though. An "island" is basically where you just end up doing circles if you try to solve it that way. I don't think my maze is completely immune to it but I did put a few islands in there.

My ultimate goal in life is to own a garden with a maze in it so I've read a little about their design. I don't care if my house is a tiny shoebox, I just want a maze. =P

The last time I had a really good time in a maze was a corn field maze. Maps were provided, and then the farm owners cut loose the "city folk" to wander about in it. My family and I ended up having a rather large group of people following us out of the maze busily chatting on their cell phones like it was a guided tour. I found it hilarious and sad at the same time, but it gave my wife and I quite a bit to talk about on the ride home.
    Last edited by maxsdaddy; 07-09-2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: missed a bit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12