Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: J.Tougas's Mapping Elements

Good improvements on the benches. They look much more used.

Tables was the first thing I learned to make from scratch, I became obsessed and made over a hundred tables in a few weeks. Even the guys at DJ advised counseling! LOL

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post Round Rough Table

Of course there HAS to be some round tables. And of course they have to be beat up and full of character.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Rough Rnd Table JT.png 
Views:	375 
Size:	336.0 KB 
ID:	49075
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Nice work, I can just picture the battle axe taking out those chunks.

Blog Entries

I need some hammocks for a "Adventures of Calan Stonebridge" encounter map that I am working on. There are some really great ones out there but keeping with my theme of trying to make as many elements myself as I can I thought I'd give making a hammock a try.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hammock.png 
Views:	381 
Size:	292.5 KB 
ID:	49288
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Good basic shape. Only comment is that it looks to symmetric and flat. It needs something to make it look more 3 dimensional. ( keep in mind that I don't make anything from scratch myself, so I couldn't do any better. Just adding my 2 cents )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Good basic shape. Only comment is that it looks to symmetric and flat. It needs something to make it look more 3 dimensional. ( keep in mind that I don't make anything from scratch myself, so I couldn't do any better. Just adding my 2 cents )
    I was thinking the same thing myself. I've looked at other people's hammocks and it looks like there might be some skewing of the fabric layer involved. Of course getting the shadowing right will go a long way too. I'll re-work it and see what I can come with

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Post Hay Bales

While I was working in my Wolves Fall Castle project I realized I needed hay bales. Seemed simple enough and I think they came out pretty good. As always feedback is requested and appreciated.

Name:  halebayjt.png
Views: 1067
Size:  71.5 KB

Finished Maps

Good hay bale.

Blog Entries

Thanks guys I'm going to make a "rougher" one that looks like it was made by hand and not a machine. This one served my purpose as it was going to be so small as to almost be invisible. For a larger scale use I'd like it to be a little less "neat"

Finished Maps

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast