Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite fantasy world?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Lord of the rings , middle earth is one of the most biggest and the best in the world.

Post Fantasy Worlds

I’m a fan of Middle Earth — I love the diversity.
    Wonderland and Neverland have always intrigued me.
    I enjoy most parts of Hyrule in Breath of the Wild.
    There are quite a few Ghibli invented worlds I would enjoy wandering around in.
    Lastly, I love the land on which the novel I’ve been working on is set.

I also have a soft spot for Phantásien (Michael Ende: The Neverending Story). When I was reading the book as a child I so desperately wanted to enter this world just like Bastian did and I also love the original ideas like the colour desert Goab and the house of Aiuóla.

Easy, Lord of the Rings

I Love Middle Earth. But my favorite might actually be the world my brother made for gaming. It's such a rich setting that I've absolutely fallen for it!

Roshar (the world of Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight archive) - I found really fascinating. Particularly the way that the society, culture, architecture etc was based so much around the landscape and the storms.

Dune has a special place in my heart since it was one of my first introduction to science fiction

the world of The Broken Earth trilogy by N.K. Jemisin.

Apparently I really like worlds where the landscape/climate plays a vital role in the culture, society, politics etc. of worlds.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth_Bowen19 View Post
    I Love Middle Earth. But my favorite might actually be the world my brother made for gaming. It's such a rich setting that I've absolutely fallen for it!
    Has he started mapping it?

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    Has he started mapping it?
    Yes he has! I can't remember the name of the program he uses, but it looks great, and it's very detailed. It's made gaming so much easier, and since he's also got maps for several of the major cities, there's always new encounters being generated simply by virtue of how the world is laid out.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth_Bowen19 View Post
    I would love to see it! Especially because I'm looking to improve in my cartography/worldbuilding skills

Im a fan of Dresden as well as Brandon Sanderson

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast