Thread: [Region 1][Map 07][Location 02] Snapgallows

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Okay, so we printed off about a dozen copies of your pic, Redrobes, and when I left the kids, and the gardening, they where busy with their crayons and colored pencils setting up a color scheme they can agree on,,,,day, night, sunny, storming, so on,,,I am real glad I taught them the basics of shading ages ago cause they are doing a real good job. Once they get something they like we'll set up a psd and name the layers and let them loose( which means I will have to give up the wacom Intous 3 for a few days, dang). Lemur does a good job of colorizing/ hitting the filtering buttons, but typing layer names is not her suit, they end up like jdkdnchfjdhshjd, as can be seen at her spore creature creator repository, I think they go by Bumblemouse there........

As it was cool outside today they helped pretty much all day in the garden, so they did alot of character work. Ol' Horsehair, and his Horsehair riding coat, has a few pets that are kinda of a cross between an armadillo and a roadkilled flying squirrel, from what I can tell, it is real flat and furry, and rolls up in a ball when afraid,,,,and since they match his coat in color, that is where they hang out, camouflaged. His explanation is "if someone tries to rob me, the little furry guys (name inwork) pop their big eyes open and it scares the robber,they also have sharp quilly things they can shoot which confuse the robber and make him forget he saw them,,,,I think he called it "washes his brain"......

Rascke Elly changed his name to Raith Elithy, and his story is that Odduck (pronounced Odd duck ) the Grand (so I guess when he named him he was intending him to be a befuddled magicker) once accidentally shrank him,, the only way he can get bigger is to train the Lesser Wyverns to do "stuff Wyverns do" really good. Odduck can't change him back as he doesn't remember how,,,,to many nights in Hebbies.

They, and Lemur (3," I'm a good girl, so I am good!"), decided Lemurs character is a good sort, during the day she plays the flute in the town for coppers, but at night she goes about seeing who has ancient artifacts that they don't know they have, or shouldn't have, so bad things can't be done with them. Then she returns them to the Vault of Restricted Artifacts (which I still haven't typed up yet). Horsehair says Lemur either knows where poor Alfert's head is, or has it, and doesn't trust the silly Wizards. ( I can use the night soil removal expert here to help her, yes!)
    Their logic for having her have a day job, even though she appears to be a child, is "Snappies would wonder where she got her money for sweets if she did not work."

I guess I messed up the name of the Sunderers shop,,,,in the journey museum here there is a "Sundry" shop, and it had a display of oldtime candy jars, which they remember best.....So after explaining the difference between sundry and sunderer it was decided we would FHCO it and make the shopkeeper a retired warrior, perhaps a relocated Thanelander,all muscles and fight on the outside, who loves to make sweets....since most in Snapgallows are semi literate, the sign painter (me) mispainted his sign, Sundrier> Sunderer , and few know the difference anyway.
    I muse that this is their twist to Shrek the Thirds Captain Hook and his Marigolds.

Finally, cause I am tired o' typing, we decided to give the 4th edition a go and bought the players guide, we will minimize the rules/stats to a number they can enjoy and let them play soon.

SeerBlue and the FHCO's

Things I got to do so I don't forget.
    Finish modeling the clock/watch tube, which will be produced by the tinner (I have to learn the names,,,,arrgh)
    Make a road sign in Sketchup to go outside the gates which uses pictures instead of words, for Lemur and Bumblemouse ('' Where's that road go"?,,,,Threeways,,,,,''How do they know"?)
    Last edited by SeerBlue; 07-02-2008 at 08:45 PM.