Thread: Town Buildings List

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Cunning Cartographer's Avatar

Schools/education would be established by:

- Specialty organizations/guilds out of their own pocket
    - Those who wish to spread knowledge/religion
    - The state through taxes

If your ruler isn't bothered about bringing public education to the masses and considers knowledge/education but another tool by which to keep the poor and uneducated under heel, then they wouldn't fund a public school. Whereas guilds and specialty organizations probably have a direct control over their pupils and/or train them for a specific purpose which suits the organizations/guilds needs, or (which is more typical) it is considered more of a private school and people would have to pay to join it.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yospeck View Post
    If your ruler isn't bothered about bringing public education to the masses and considers knowledge/education but another tool by which to keep the poor and uneducated under heel, then they wouldn't fund a public school. Whereas guilds and speciality organizations probably have a direct control over their pupils and/or train them for a specific purpose which suits the organizations/guilds needs, or (which is more typical) it is considered more of a private school and people would have to pay to join it.
    this i like, a lot, though again a specific point. very characterful, though still i dont see why, if one is including a table of generic things, mundane 'schools' would be left out in favour of the more esoteric.

then again we may be arguing semantics. my natural tendency is to assume a very low-magic world. this list might be a more traditional high-magic setting, in which case fair enough
    Last edited by vorropohaiah; 04-11-2013 at 02:07 PM.