Thread: [Region 1][Map 12][Town 01] - Farpoint

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Ok, this is just about done. I might add some more stuff for the villagers to play with so lemme know how it looks. I shrunk the big campfires and embiggened the canoes (moved 4 of em to the coast) and reset the scale to 1 pixel = 1/2 foot.

This is soo cool. You have to slow down your postings though, cause I can't keep up with giving you rep and get around to others before you post something else cool!

You might want to do some playing with the grass->sand transition. It's a bit sharp. Perhaps a bit of blur on the transition line or perhaps some splotciness (is that a word?) with clumps of grass over the border and a few clumps of sand on the grass side. Or perhaps a path stroked with a fuzzy brush... don't know what would look best.

Anyway, its great work! I love the stilts and had not noticed that before. That's superb detail!!!!

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

You're right about that transition, it never entered my mind, so I'll work on it over the weekend if I get time. I'm taking my nieces (Ava 6 and Lily to see Wall-E tonight and they want to help sandbag tomorrow...all that flooding in Winfield, Missouri that's been on the news, it's about 10-15 miles north of me. That should also keep my posts limited for a while as well heh heh

OK, I fixed that land/sand transition, put some shadows in for the dead trees around the village, and put some better waves out in the ocean. I'm ready to call this one done unless anyone sees something that I missed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	farpoint4.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	4.62 MB 
ID:	4733  

'Tis indeed a beautiful map. Be sure to upload it to the Farpoint Wiki page when you're certain it's done. Personally, I see all sort of adventures here... I love it.

-IG

Uuuuhhh, no idea how to do that. I'm fairly unequipped to handle all this new fangled technology like the internets (it is a series of tubes, right?). I'm still learning how to get my way around the guild without bumping into stuff and knocking it over. Seriously though, I tried to figure stuff out and even bought the dreamweaver suite, spent 3 months tinkering with it then used it to make sure my desk didn't wobble. I'm a complete noob for this stuff, except I do now how to surf a bit whoo hoo. Gonna put a few labels on it and maybe some more toys, er items, for the villagers...will be doing this tonight.

Uuuuhhh, no idea how to do that. I'm fairly unequipped to handle all this new fangled technology like the internets (it is a series of tubes, right?). I'm still learning how to get my way around the guild without bumping into stuff and knocking it over. Seriously though, I tried to figure stuff out and even bought the dreamweaver suite, spent 3 months tinkering with it then used it to make sure my desk didn't wobble. I'm a complete noob for this stuff, except I do now how to surf a bit whoo hoo. Gonna put a few labels on it and maybe some more toys, er items, for the villagers...will be doing this tonight.
    Just let us know when your final final version is up, and either I or some other enterprising soul will get it uploaded to the wiki for you.

... all this new fangled technology like the internets (it is a series of tubes, right?).
    I'm an engineer, so I'll help you out. Yep, the Internet's just a lot of tubes that take smoke from place to place. All electronics run on smoke--you can tell because when you let the smoke out, they stop working.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name