Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Random Density Map GIMP Script

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Thanks Gidde!

Question Is there any way to make it draw on another layer than the density map?

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Using the same Density map, here are more results:

Setting the density to 50% will make white only have a 50 chance of drawing. Here again with no jitter:
    Attachment 4990

And back at 100%, but with a jitter of 1. The jitter value is a scale of the spacing parameter, for randomly displacing the x&y directions, to get rid of the grid look:
    Attachment 4991

The scrip draws left to right and top to bottom, to work with isometric image brushes, like the trees posted:
    Attachment 4992

And using the "invert" check will invert the map (black = 100% chance and white = 0% chance):
    Attachment 4993

(cont...)
    Is there any way to make it draw on another layer than the density map?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

I believe RobA gave the answer in the first post under the second thumbnail:
    Create a new layer (it must be the same size) to draw on with the current brush.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Question

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post

All my gimp tree brushes are coloured image hoses, so they can be transparent with solid backgrounds[my emphasis]. Even the B&W outline ones I make are full colour[my emp.], with the outline (black) and the tree fill (white) so they will overlap without showing through[my emp.].

-Rob A>
    Could someone please be elucidate?

In particular (where to start?),
    * well, when is a brush wanted to be transparent(?) with solid backgrounds? (Forgive me, I don't even know if this means the brush has a solid background or that it is transparent when used on solid backgrounds)
    * and how making them in color [defining the the GIMP .xcf project file using a colour palette?] effects that behavior, as compared to using black-and-white
    * and regarding the "B&W outline ones," does this refer to a white tree on a solid black background (defined in a color project) or a white-tree-with-a-(narrow)-black outline on a transparent background

I apologize for my denseness, but thank you for your forthcomingness.

Gart

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123