Any advice/comments/criticism?

Okay, I found a technique for making believable roof patterns (Really, it's an overlay of 3-4 of the basic textures that come with gimp, combined with a weird brush, and LOTS of shading, so not *entirely* from scratch. Just saying....) and I'm totally in love with the roof on my shed, gardeners house, but the one I finished for the lower level of the manor didn't turn out as well... I'll need to find a new technique for the different pattern, or else draw every detail out by hand instead of being lazy!

I put pebbled borders around the flowerbeds and hedges, and where I'll be putting the rest of the bushes. I fixed the hedge maze (which now looks more like hedges and less like a green sheet on the ground.

I resized my south gardens so it was even, and more appropriate to the size of the manor, but I don't want to do too much of that, because I think the gardens are the main focus for these people

I also resized the gate/wall a bit... it was WAY too thick... probably still is. iunno.

And everything is a little crooked, I think... I just found out I can use shift to make straight lines (aside from using the path tool) ! Maybe I can do a little better now.

Added lots of detail/shading stuff, but still tons more to do.

and... more stuff but some of it is only visible when other layers aren't, so...

Here's what I have so far:
### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	latest WIP.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	4.20 MB 
ID:	60673

Next steps:

I think I'm going to do each layer from the ground up, so I'll start with the smallest bushes, then the larger ones, steps and then low roofs.

Then I will do my trees and then the higher roofs.

Then I'll fix the walls, try to reposition everything more evenly, enlarge the manor if necessary, add paths, do all the light and shadows, add borders, a key, idunno whatelse...

So much work, so little time !!

But I'm determined to finish this one: No restarts!!