Thread: [CWBP2] Question Regarding Ownership

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

On the post about the board members you started people are only included if they actually want to be, so I don't think everyone listed there will actually be a part of it. It is going to be operated as an open board so that should a subject of copyright interest someone they can volunteer for the board vote on it and then leave if they so desire.... hmm, no maybe your way is best... I think it is. Less complicated. We should make a caveat that votes last a certain period and after that period everyone who cares will be assumed to have noted the subject and voted. I think a month is an appropriate period. They can be longer of course but no shorter.

I still think it takes a certain amount of ratification for the board to assume control of an image or an idea. Obviously anything based on the CWBP 2 materials will fall under it's purview, but if an idea is say presented and then rejected it remains the sole property of its creator. Perhaps we should actually make it so that the board retains copyright privileges over it's material, but so do individual creators of their specific material unless they waive their rights to it. So for instance a guy makes a map, and later on the board would like to publish the map, they cannot do so without his permission, and the same thing if a guy wants to publish his CWBP 2 map he requires the boards permission to do so (outside of his own personal use, obviously they can put their creations on their websites or portfolios etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    So for instance a guy makes a map, and later on the board would like to publish the map, they cannot do so without his permission, and the same thing if a guy wants to publish his CWBP 2 map he requires the boards permission to do so (outside of his own personal use, obviously they can put their creations on their websites or portfolios etc.).
    It could work if it's only his map that is going to be published but it would probably include something much larger than that. And it might be hard to get the approval if he's inactive.

Then we won't be able to include his map, we'd have to make a new one I guess.