Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Atlas Elyden

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I still have no idea how you do this. Its amazing

That big map is just spectacular!
    Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    That's an insane amount of work ! But I'm very glad to see the whole map, it's a fascinating place, with so much different and interesting geography ! you want to visit all of them !
    So, Congratulations for the work done, and I wish you a lot of courage for all the work you want to add to this huge and beautiful atlas !
    Thanks I;m really hoping to to get this done by the end of the year so i have something worth of competing with the great map of the year entries for 2017

The thing Vorro, is that you have gone so far by now than nobody expects you to stop before completion.. basically, there's that, right. You probably feel the same.
    Well, yeah, sure, but I still feel absolutely amazed everytime you produce another one! Because it breathes an extraordinary amount of devotion - I'll repeat it slowly...

I n s p i r a t i o n a l
    a n d
    E x t r a o r d i n a r y
    D e v o t i o n !

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    The thing Vorro, is that you have gone so far by now than nobody expects you to stop before completion.. basically, there's that, right. You probably feel the same.
    Well, yeah, sure, but I still feel absolutely amazed everytime you produce another one! Because it breathes an extraordinary amount of devotion - I'll repeat it slowly...

I n s p i r a t i o n a l
    a n d
    E x t r a o r d i n a r y
    D e v o t i o n !
    thanks thats going on my sig

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vorropohaiah View Post
    Here's the 3 latest maps collected here in the Atlas thread:

Attachment 99574 Attachment 99575 Attachment 99576

work on the large poster map continues slowly - its a bitch getting all those icons and roads done, but I think I'm getting close to the halfway mark now. Then comes the much harder task of labelling. There's no way I can fit all the labels on the map so ill likely omit the smaller settlements where space doesn't permit
    Hey, you are the reason why I am so interested in creating my own maps. I just wanted to say, I want to be the first person to buy your Atlas of Elyden when you finish it. This is the standard of gold for custom maps.
    UNoahGuy

"If geography is prose, maps are iconography."
    -Lennart Meri

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I just wanted to say, I want to be the first person to buy your Atlas of Elyden when you finish it.
    You gotta fight me for it.

Oh no D - not another kneecapped newbie!

might need to start a mailing list at this rate

I need your help guys!

I'm working on the next map, which is almost finished, and I had a lot of dead space in the corners so i shifted things round to make a big space in the lower left. When there's enough room I like to add inset maps that details something particular about the region depicted in the map. In this case, there's a huge vertical cave-system that I thought would make a cool map, but I;m struggling to find a style that fits in with the style already established for these maps.

Here's what I have so far:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page effects  - landscape.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	4.96 MB 
ID:	99960

I'm not at all happy with the results: i think they're jarring and don't fit in with the style of the rest of the map, and I'm not sure what else I can do. I've sine edited the black negative space of the caves and changed them top 3 different shades of dark green to show the distinction between the 3 caves, though even that seems wrong somehow

Gray levels to indicate depth in the ground around the caves (blank or pale) maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Gray levels to indicate depth in the ground around the caves (blank or pale) maybe?
    thanks, yeah, I'm thinking of more greyscale on the inset map, since as it is now it looks like a weird continuation of the main map itself. I might also make it a bit smaller to make it less intrusive

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast