Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Subterrainian Map Prettier Script

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by eh_well View Post
    Hey! I'm new to these forums, but I LOVE this script. However I'm having one problem. I can't seem to change the look of the walls or floor no matter what I do! I'm fairly new to Gimp, but I'm not incompetent. I must be missing something but I simply can't get my textures off of those default gray ones, please help me out!
    There are two drop downs:

"Fill Floor With" (choose "Pattern - Select Below") and pick the pattern in the pattern selector below
    "Fill Walls With" (choose "Pattern - Select Below") and ditto.

-Rob A>

Yeah, I tried that but it doesn't seem to change anything, is this an isolated issue? Perhaps my GIMP is out of date or something?

Where can I get this (argaf afrfh ... I'm hungry of quality stuff!)

Post #43 of this thread has an attachment with the script.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Viper, did you try using TAB to move between the fields? In some cases, that will allow the offscreen elements to become visible.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Novice

RobA,

Yes I did. But still hides the bottom. On my laptop, which is 1024x768 everything is displayed except for the very bottom choices. But i played with it and found that 3 Tabs and then Enter will execute the script. On my desktop, which is 1366x768 more is hidden so I don't know yet what all i have to press to get the script to execute. But I will play with it.

Viper

Guild Novice

Rob-

Let me just tell you what a great treat this script is...unbelievable. I have been looking for something like this for a very long time, and I was building dungeons for hours with this script after I read through the post. Truly remarkable and thank you very much for sharing.

Request: Is there a way to allow for the ability to add a black line in addition to the bevel? Meaning, if I run a 1pt stroke that is black, it adds a nice black line to all the walls, but I would love to be able to have the beveled look, and a black line. Also, is it possible to add an "inner glow" to the floors?

Thanks again!

--Doc
    Last edited by Doc_Waldo; 12-05-2010 at 04:41 AM.

Guild Applicant

Hello Rob.
    Very nice job and very helpful.
    Is there a way to translate the content of the box in french.
    We promote your job on this website but there are a lot of people there that don't speak or read english and who would like to use your work.
    Thank you

Hi! Thank you for this script, I really love it. I wanted to give a holler here to say that I created a tutorial for complete beginners to using Cartocopia's Dungeon Map Maker script for GIMP and creating nice maps. It took me a lot longer to write this than the combined time of finding the script, learning to use it, and producing the map that became Figure 4 in this tutorial! The tutorial is probably too basic for many of the power users here, but I'm hoping it will be of use to at least a few people. Enjoy!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast