Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Subterrainian Map Prettier Script

Wip

I'm playing with updating my GM's campaign map sketch and the new features . . .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LocalMap.gif 
Views:	220 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	25400   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WestmarchMap.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	334.9 KB 
ID:	25401  

OK - a better update.

Instead of a check box to fade the wall it is a combo box called "Wall Fade" that defaults to "None"

options are black (vtt use) white (print, thanks Mrugnak) and transparent (jfrazierjr). The first two add a new layer on top, the transparent option iterates through the other layers and deletes stuff to make it transparent.

Attached (and removed from the post a few threads ago...)

Question-

Should the latest version always be edited into the first post and the old ones removed?

-Rob A>
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    OK - a better update.

Instead of a check box to fade the wall it is a combo box called "Wall Fade" that defaults to "None"

options are black (vtt use) white (print, thanks Mrugnak) and transparent (jfrazierjr). The first two add a new layer on top, the transparent option iterates through the other layers and deletes stuff to make it transparent.

Attached (and removed from the post a few threads ago...)

Question-

Should the latest version always be edited into the first post and the old ones removed?

-Rob A>
    I don't know if removing the old ones is necessary, in case you ever need to go back to another version maybe, but a link to the newest in the first post would be helpful I think. Great tool, I used this in my group last Saturday made a quick random dungeon, used your script and imported it into map tools within about 2 minutes. Was fun and the players all thought I had something prepared for the wacky twist they took.

Not to be picky, but what I was actually hoping to accomplish was making the walls AND the floors transparent. This would allow for the ability to build up a tile set with nothing but the walls to give the feeling of depth and drop their own favorite pattern underneath. Granted, I will likely only use ones with the walls already filled in, but it would be a nice option to be able to drop transparent tiles with just the walls/shadows on top of an existing texture somewhere.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Not to be picky, but what I was actually hoping to accomplish was making the walls AND the floors transparent. This would allow for the ability to build up a tile set with nothing but the walls to give the feeling of depth and drop their own favorite pattern underneath. Granted, I will likely only use ones with the walls already filled in, but it would be a nice option to be able to drop transparent tiles with just the walls/shadows on top of an existing texture somewhere.
    I don't know what you mean. Sorry

No wall fill at all? I guess you could either turn off that layer or use a transparent pattern as a fill...

-Rob A>

Hmmm.. for some reason, I don't see the image attachment icon any more when I go to advanced on a reply....

I don't know what you mean. Sorry
    Example link to png and link to xcf:

xcf File

No wall fill at all? I guess you could either turn off that layer or use a transparent pattern as a fill...

-Rob A>
    yes, no wall fill at all. The hope was to be able to turn off wall fill while using the batch processor to be able to quickly get numbers of images as above quickly without having to do each manually.
    My Finished Maps
    My Tutorials:
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Hmmm.. for some reason, I don't see the image attachment icon any more when I go to advanced on a reply....

Example link to png and link to xcf:
    yes, no wall fill at all. The hope was to be able to turn off wall fill while using the batch processor to be able to quickly get numbers of images as above quickly without having to do each manually.
    OK.

The simplest thing is to create a pattern that is fully transparent, and select that as the wall pattern fill. Then it will do what you want.

Just create a new image, erase everything in it, make a selection and copy then paste as pattern and it will be accessible in your pattern list.

(Technically, the same could have been done for the no floor option as well, but I wasn't thinking that way...)

-Rob A>

-Rob A>

Oh.. duh.. thanks RobA... sometimes the simplest solution is the most overlooked..
    My Finished Maps
    My Tutorials:

Hey! I'm new to these forums, but I LOVE this script. However I'm having one problem. I can't seem to change the look of the walls or floor no matter what I do! I'm fairly new to Gimp, but I'm not incompetent. I must be missing something but I simply can't get my textures off of those default gray ones, please help me out!

Quote Originally Posted by eh_well View Post
    Hey! I'm new to these forums, but I LOVE this script. However I'm having one problem. I can't seem to change the look of the walls or floor no matter what I do! I'm fairly new to Gimp, but I'm not incompetent. I must be missing something but I simply can't get my textures off of those default gray ones, please help me out!
    There are two drop downs:

"Fill Floor With" (choose "Pattern - Select Below") and pick the pattern in the pattern selector below
    "Fill Walls With" (choose "Pattern - Select Below") and ditto.

-Rob A>

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast