Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Subterrainian Map Prettier Script

Yeah, I tried that but it doesn't seem to change anything, is this an isolated issue? Perhaps my GIMP is out of date or something?

Where can I get this (argaf afrfh ... I'm hungry of quality stuff!)

Post #43 of this thread has an attachment with the script.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Guild Novice

Hello RobA,
    Am ready now to experiment with your Gimp script for making dungeons, and am having problems getting the box to display on my screen. The box seems to be larger than my screen. I can change the with, but not the height. Is there a way to shrink the box size?

Thanks!

Viper

Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    Hello RobA,
    Am ready now to experiment with your Gimp script for making dungeons, and am having problems getting the box to display on my screen. The box seems to be larger than my screen. I can change the with, but not the height. Is there a way to shrink the box size?

Thanks!

Viper
    Sorry, no. Script-fu limits the dialog box options. I could create a second menu that provides a basic version with less options, if you would be interested in that.

-Rob A>

Guild Novice

You folks are way above me with all this coding. I wasn't aware that limits were part of Script-fu or Python as I have never dabbled to learn either coding. However, if you were to find some free time...I would be appreciative to give your adjusted version a try. I am still all new to this, but am learning more everyday. Now that I am disabled/retired, I have more time on my hands and am getting back into my hobbies...like RPG from my high school years. I am just having a lot of fun!

Thanks again!

Viper

Viper, did you try using TAB to move between the fields? In some cases, that will allow the offscreen elements to become visible.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Novice

RobA,

Yes I did. But still hides the bottom. On my laptop, which is 1024x768 everything is displayed except for the very bottom choices. But i played with it and found that 3 Tabs and then Enter will execute the script. On my desktop, which is 1366x768 more is hidden so I don't know yet what all i have to press to get the script to execute. But I will play with it.

Viper

Guild Novice

Rob-

Let me just tell you what a great treat this script is...unbelievable. I have been looking for something like this for a very long time, and I was building dungeons for hours with this script after I read through the post. Truly remarkable and thank you very much for sharing.

Request: Is there a way to allow for the ability to add a black line in addition to the bevel? Meaning, if I run a 1pt stroke that is black, it adds a nice black line to all the walls, but I would love to be able to have the beveled look, and a black line. Also, is it possible to add an "inner glow" to the floors?

Thanks again!

--Doc
    Last edited by Doc_Waldo; 12-05-2010 at 04:41 AM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast