I really like that Northern sea actually, I'd like to keep it as is personally. Perhaps we could find room for something half the size of that orange circle somewhere else? Maybe put in a small continent and the long islands back in the SE corner? As far as I'm concerned we don't need to bring it up to Earth standard, I'm fine with having comparably less land than we do on earth Earth, but not more. TBH I like the map as is though. Maybe we can keep a lost or wandering continent for later?

As for the islands we can leave them or separate them to a new layer for now and then when we get the tectonics down edit them according to what seems reasonably geographicly reasonable. Except for the moon island you moved to the direct centre of the map, that needs to stay.

I think Thurlor's South pole island needs to move north a bit or get squished a bit as it gets too elongated on the orthographic projection.

I really don't understand the resolution stuff so much clearly, so whatever is reasonable is what we should do. I don't understand what difference the dpi has to do with what is on screen (ie the pixel count), I thought it only had an effect regarding printing.

Are you really planning on doing one from scratch? Seems like a greater amount of work than necessary for a map only intended to give very general details.