Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broadleaf Lodge Re-map

Post Broadleaf Lodge Re-map

This is a Gimped version of the original (labeled) map (Broadleaf Lodge) that came from The Magic of Faerun.

I removed all of the original labels so that the map could be relabeled with numbers (and thus the rooms could vary from the originally labeled function) and then added a new, custom, room (the cellar) using the basic 'tower' shape. I also added a curtain wall around the front of the ground floor to suggest a walled in yard to give the location some privacy.

I wasn't too worried about filling in the yard with plants and grass as that wasn't the purpose of this map. All new walls, doors and the like were created from images within this map (mainly because I can't draw but I can cut, paste, and gimp fairly well). I also tried to improve the color on the map (as seen in image three with the ground floor) and like the look. I'll have to re-do the other pages for a follow-up.

If someone would like the full-scale versions of these maps (2300px -ish) I can post them as a follow-up.

Comments welcome!

-Green Pilgrim
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	broadleaf-hall-01-650.png 
Views:	368 
Size:	436.5 KB 
ID:	66555

Name:	broadleaf-hall-02-650.png 
Views:	242 
Size:	427.3 KB 
ID:	66556

Name:	broadleaf-hall-03-650.png 
Views:	266 
Size:	384.9 KB 
ID:	66557
    Larger copies of my maps located on flickr and can be used for your enjoyment.

That's very clean and pleasant. I prefer the more contrasted one you did for the cellar, though. Excellent "book render" for the frame.

Here are the contrasted images.

Full-sized images loaded to my flickr page.

Thanks!
    -GP

Name:	broadleaf-hall-02-650.png 
Views:	659 
Size:	479.3 KB 
ID:	66559

Name:	broadleaf-hall-03a-650.png 
Views:	149 
Size:	389.1 KB 
ID:	66560

It's just fine now!

Great work. Really enjoy those as a great map to whip out on a moments notice when your players INSIST on visiting a place you didn't have planned. Hoping to see the full rez version on your Flickr soon. I didn't see them this morning. Cheers!

Fixed. Maps uploaded.

Awesome job! I love that bear rug!

Name:	broadleaf-hall-2-wingsa.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	69686

This is just a quick mock-up that I slapped together to explore the idea of the same "Broadleaf Hall" but with two, rather than a single wing. I would connect the outside corners of the two sections of the 'house' together to create a walled courtyard of sorts.

The idea came to me to show an 'evolution' of the Hall from the single tower, to the addition of the first bay and then the second as though the owners were improving it over the generations.

Thoughts?

-GP

p.s.

A more complete "mock up" would look something like this:

Name:	broadleaf-hall-2-wings-a-650.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	657.2 KB 
ID:	69687

The point on the wall of the courtyard would be covered with a small tower that would contain either a small 'out shed' or perhaps a well... something like that.

Not sure what would go there I just hate leaving an opening where walls intersect.
    Last edited by Green-Pilgrim; 12-14-2014 at 02:17 PM.

Howdy folks,

I finished the re-map of Broadleaf hall now with two wings rather than just the one as shown above.

Name:	broadleaf-hall-2-wings-small-numbers.png 
Views:	244 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	74278
    ...and the second story here.

Name:	broadleaf-hall-2-wings-small-2ndfloor-numbers.png 
Views:	223 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	74279

Comments welcome.

-GP

Guild Member Facebook Connected

That's fantastic! I love the colors and the CLEAR labeling! A lot of maps try to do fancy calligraphy with their labeling, but it's more "ridiculously loopy pseudo-calligraphy" and it's probably because actual calligraphy is elegant but pretty basic.

So glad you went with a nice, normal lettering font.

The little details like the mortar and the wood paneling are really good, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast