Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Satellite Style Mapping for Ultra Realism

Default Satellite Style Mapping for Ultra Realism

Ok, thank you

Guild Adept Facebook Connected EricPoehlsen's Avatar

By the way, if you want to do a 3d-animation a nice tool is Blender

Thank you again, I already have blender and I find it to complicated to do much with for now. I only need to do a basic animation though, so I can do that via Photoshop.

If you have any ideas for me about making a fantasy moon that could be helpful.

Oh, and a after thought! Is there a way to make my current map into the sphere mesh and then edit the land while it is a sheer to make it get the right shape using Photoshop cs6? If so that could be cool to do, and the map may be able to keep a bit more of its current shape.

And what would you suggest I change with the poles? Maybe the southern poles shape should move to the north and have no real south landmass at all? The opposite to what you may find on earths very own map? If anyone knows of the way and reason how the shape of pole landforms, well form, that could be useful for me making this look more realistic!
    Last edited by ElighaN; 09-18-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Is this thread dead? Or can I revive it!

Threads have been resurrected after several years of dormancy ! So revive away !
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Thanks, I just figured I needed to post something so that the thread would become more noticeable, should I maybe post my separate questions in the form of separate threads? Or is this a good format?

If you have 3d tools in Photoshop, you can make a sphere from your layer and paint directly on it. I've never tried it, so I don't know how well it works. Many 3d paint approaches I've seen lack quality—you get very blurry results. However, at the very least you should be able to block in your coastlines, then flatten it back out again to do the higher-quality work.

If I recall correctly, the 3d tools in CS6 are only available if you have the Extended version.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

I do, my computer is to laggy to handle the 3d tools for long, but my problem is once I make the 3d edits how do I turn that image back to the normal 2d map for those finer edits?

Blog Entries

I had a few tutorials , mostly just pointers on the old "shatters" Celestia forum

they should be still in the "way back machine"

Quote Originally Posted by johnvanvliet View Post
    I had a few tutorials , mostly just pointers on the old "shatters" Celestia forum

they should be still in the "way back machine"
    I'd love to see them if you'd point me to them!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast