Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
I'm not sure what's going on. Unless, of course, you're using a binary input file and not using Burn Into Surface, of course. In that case, nothing will have any effect on your surface because binary data can't be edited in FT (FT can only edit data that's stored in one of the editing channels).

EDIT: looking again at your previous image, I see that there isn't any overshoot on the cliff, making it likely that you're using the binary input data.
Well yes. I imported the map from Wilbur . That goes only when starting with new->binary etc. So I guess it was (is ?) binary.
After that I edited it because I went to FT for the rivers so obviously the river creation worked (if this counts like "effect on the surface").
Then I saved the result in FT format (the map I joined above is the FT format).
And after that, in the multiple attempts, I always loaded the file saved in FT format.

So no, I didn't do Burn into surface at any step because as I understood the manual, it was only necessary if the original binary file (this would be the .mdr Wilbur file) was moved or deleted. It wasn't.

In the case I misunderstood the manual, I will test the smooth after having burned.